Movie Quotes

What are some of your Favorite/Memorable movie quotes

put the quote and movie.

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Wayne's World 2

Master Shake: Now this square is the... man.

Meatwad: Ok.

Master Shake: This circle here, that's a uterus.

Meatwad: That's what it looks like?

Master Shake: Up close yes this is lifelike drawing of the uterus. See the guy takes the car after his job to pick up the uterus at her house...

Meatwad: Mmhmm.

Master Shake: because she doesn't work unless she's sweeping up something.

Meatwad: Wel... and where do they go?

Master Shake: All the way... to a hotel... which definitely has cable... and that's where this trapezoid becomes hmm shall we say... hahaha entangled with the exposed and aerated crotches.

Meatwad: And that there is the exposed crotches?

Master Shake: I told you that's the chair and the spatula.

Meatwad: I knew it.

Master Shake: Congratulate yourself my friend... you have just been laid.

Meatwad: Ooh... that feels good.

Master Shake: Yeah, I never tire of it.

-Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters

• Fire 1

From "Inherit The Wind", starring Spencer Tracy, which was a thinly veiled recap of the so-called Scopes Monkey Trial. In it, a school teacher (Bertram Cates) is jailed and faces conviction for teaching evolution. Spencer Tracy's character, Henry Drummond , is a celebrated lawyer who defends him against a special prosecutor, Matthew Harrison Brady, who is a fundamentalist who ran unsucessfully for President.

Matthew Harrison Brady: We must not abandon faith! Faith is the most important thing!

Henry Drummond: Then why did God plague us with the capacity to think? Mr. Brady, why do you deny the one thing that sets above the other animals? What other merit have we? The elephant is larger, the horse stronger and swifter, the butterfly more beautiful, the mosquito more prolific, even the sponge is more durable. Or does a sponge think?

Matthew Harrison Brady: I don't know. I'm a man, not a sponge!

Henry Drummond: Do you think a sponge thinks?

Matthew Harrison Brady: If the Lord wishes a sponge to think, it thinks!

Henry Drummond: Does a man have the same privilege as a sponge?

Matthew Harrison Brady: Of course!

Henry Drummond, gesturing towards the defendant, Bertram Cates: Then this man wishes to have the same privilege of a sponge, he wishes to think!

I was going to post a different one from this move, but it's quite vulgar. But this exchange cracks me up every time...

Joe: One of the terrorists is trying to tell us something. [looks through binoculars]

Gary Johnston: [waving the distress signal towards Joe and Chris] It's me! It's me!

Joe: Looks like he's saying, "Kiss me! Kiss me!"

Chris: Smart-ass mother-f#@ker! [fires missile at terrorist jeep]

I was going to post a different one from this move, but it's quite vulgar. But this exchange cracks me up every time...

Joe: One of the terrorists is trying to tell us something. [looks through binoculars]

Gary Johnston: [waving the distress signal towards Joe and Chris] It's me! It's me!

Joe: Looks like he's saying, "Kiss me! Kiss me!"

Chris: Smart-ass mother-f#@ker! [fires missile at terrorist jeep]

I love that movie!!!! "Jihad.........Jihad"

Anchorman!

Brian Fantana: [about Veronica] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.

[opens cologne cabinet]

Ron Burgundy: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What cologne you gonna go with? London Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Blackbeard's Delight.

Brian Fantana: No, she gets a special cologne... It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Ron Burgundy: It's quite pungent.

Brian Fantana: Oh yeah.

Ron Burgundy: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

Brian Fantana: Yep.

Ron Burgundy: Brian, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.

Brian Fantana: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

[cheesy grin]

Ron Burgundy: That doesn't make sense.

Brian Fantana: Well... Let's go see if we can make this little kitty purr.

[snarls]

40 year old virgin

Jill: Are you Andy?

Andy Stitzer: Uhh... yeah...

Jill: Is this yours? Did you write this stuff?

Jay: My girlfriend Jill found your speed dating card...

Andy Stitzer: OOhhh... yeah... right, god I've been looking for that speed dating card, thank you so much for bringing it to me.

Jill: So you actually wrote that one girl looked like she was "hurtin' for a squirtin'"?

Andy Stitzer: Ummhmm... yeah...?hurtin' for a squirtin'", yeah i wrote that.

Jill: Oh, so you wrote, "hoe fo sho'".

Andy Stitzer: Yeah, I remember that girl, she was a hoe... for sho'

Anchorman:

Ron is lifting weights in his office, shirtless.

Ron: 1001, 1002

Veronica: Uh, Mr. Burgundy?

Ron: 1003

Veronica: Helen said that you needed to see me?

Ron: Oh, Miss Corningstone. I wasn't expecting company. Just doing my workout. Tuesday's arms and back.

Veronica: Well, you asked me to come by, sir.

Ron: Oh, did I?

Veronica: Yes

Ron: Oh! Oh, it's a deep burn! It's so deep! I can barely lift my right arm cause I did so many. I don't know if you heard me counting, I did over a thousand. You have your ubulus muscle that connects to the upper dorsinus. It's boring, but it's a part of my life. I'm just gonna grab this shirt, if you don't mind. Just watch out for the guns, they'll get ya. *chuckles*

Veronica: You are pathetic. This has to be the feeblest pickup attempt I have ever encountered. I expected it from the rest of them, Mr. Burgundy, but not from you.

Ron: Wait a minute! Pickup attempt? I'm offended! I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office!

Veronica: Stop calling your arms guns!

Ron: Look. My plan was to ask you if I could squire you about town as one professional helping another cause I know what's it like to be alone in a new city.

Veronica: Really?

Ron: Yes. But now I am too hurt and...and shocked...and...and hurt!

Veronica: I could do that.

Ron: Really?

Veronica: Well, yes. As a journalist I should get to know the city that I'm covering. But this is not a date.

Ron: Of course not. Strictly professional.

Veronica: Wonderful.

Ron: Shall I pick you up at 8:00?

*Veronica motions down*

Ron: Mmm...9:00?

*Veronica points down*

Ron: Downstairs?

Veronica: Mr. Burgundy, you have a massive erection.

Ron: Really. Oh...yes. I do. Erm...I'm sorry, it's the---pleats. It's actually an optical illusion. It's the pattern on the pants It's not flattering to the crotchal region. I'm actually taking them back right now. To the pants store. Oh..this is awkward. I'm gonna walk this situation off. I will see you later.

*Ron walks around the office*

Ron: Nothing to look at! Go back to work, everyone. Don't act like you're not impressed. Don't look at me right now. Just walking around the office. My new walk. I'm trying to walk off a situation.

Also love this one from Joe Dirt:

Meteor Bert: Well, it ain't a meteor.

Joe Dirt: Yeah it is. It came out of the sky.

Meteor Bert: Well I'm sure it did but it ain't no meteor. It's a big ol frozen chunk o' sh#t.

Joe Dirt: What!

Meteor Bert: Oh yeah, see them airplanes they dump their toilets 36,000 feet. The stuff freezes and falls to earth. We call 'em Boeing bombs

[chomps teeth]

Joe Dirt: no that can't be. That's not what it is

Meteor Bert: oh, afraid so. See that peanut? Dead giveaway.

Joe Dirt: Uhhh, no, that's a space peanut.

From "Inherit The Wind", starring Spencer Tracy, which was a thinly veiled recap of the so-called Scopes Monkey Trial. In it, a school teacher (Bertram Cates) is jailed and faces conviction for teaching evolution. Spencer Tracy's character, Henry Drummond , is a celebrated lawyer who defends him against a special prosecutor, Matthew Harrison Brady, who is a fundamentalist who ran unsucessfully for President.

Matthew Harrison Brady: We must not abandon faith! Faith is the most important thing!

Henry Drummond: Then why did God plague us with the capacity to think? Mr. Brady, why do you deny the one thing that sets above the other animals? What other merit have we? The elephant is larger, the horse stronger and swifter, the butterfly more beautiful, the mosquito more prolific, even the sponge is more durable. Or does a sponge think?

Matthew Harrison Brady: I don't know. I'm a man, not a sponge!

Henry Drummond: Do you think a sponge thinks?

Matthew Harrison Brady: If the Lord wishes a sponge to think, it thinks!

Henry Drummond: Does a man have the same privilege as a sponge?

Matthew Harrison Brady: Of course!

Henry Drummond, gesturing towards the defendant, Bertram Cates: Then this man wishes to have the same privilege of a sponge, he wishes to think!

Great movie AR. You are either older than I thought or a great movie fan. That movie like a lot that were produced prior to 1975 had a great cast with a lot of great bit players.

>>>T_O_B