NFL Sunday Ticket Offered Off Satellite?

Mavric

bih9xfvgtkjcpneougpe.png

NFL Sunday Ticket has always been notoriously inaccessible, limited to just DirecTV subscribers and people who bought a copy of Madden last year. It sucks. But that looks like it's about to change. A page that's turned up on the DirecTV website says satellite-free packages of Sunday Ticket will be offered next year.

First, this is great. The monopoly on NFL games has always been deeply stupid. Second, this isn't precisely confirmed, but because it's been up since at least this morning and DirecTV hasn't scurried it down or run out a statement that this isn't so, we'll proceed as though it's a very likely outcome. So: You'll be able to use your phone, tablet, or computer (Mac or Windows) to watch games, or your Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, or PS4 (sorry, Wii U owners) to watch on your TV. We stuck the full list of supported devices below, but it's basically everything.

Deadspin

I miss having Sunday ticket, it is totally worth the money for the red zone channel alone.

RedZone has been part of our cable sports package for a while. I've gotten so used to watching it, that I can rarely watch one NFL game by itself now.

Sunday ticket has the 8-window mode doesn't it?