Hilton Honors Diamond Status

I travel in a lot of areas where I really don't know what hotel chain is going to be available.  I have strictly gone to using Hotels.com.  I get a free night for every 10 stays.  I use it for work and then use the free stays personally.

I get tired of trying to figure out what hotel is in my honors program...etc.  Then I travel into an area where there isn't one and i'm not getting anything.

With Hotels.com, I can rack up stays pretty much anywhere.

6 hours ago, Mavric said:

That part I don't really know, although if it says calendar year that's what I'd go with.  Doesn't sound like that much of a deal though.  Even at $200 on $15000 that's only 1.3% which is about what you get back from a lot of credit cards (Discover, etc).

On your earlier question, I am a HHonors member.  We stay at Hamptons a lot.  They are always very clean and usually well updated plus they aren't that expensive.  We also go for an Embassy from time to time depending on the situation.  Haven't stayed at many of their other brands.

Embassy is 400 a night on game weekends I think.

I don’t travel enough to make any hotel reward program payoff but I am a member of Hilton Honors and my first choice, when available, is always an Embassy Suites or Homewood Suites. And I’m definitely not opposed to Hilton Garden Inn or Hampton. I’ve never had a bad experience with any of those. I just discovered Homewood Suites a couple years ago and I’ve found them to be excellent for a quality cost balance. That’s definitely what I prefer for business travel. It probably helps that all of them I’ve stayed at have been new properties.