FOSTA/SESTA bill

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/29/sexual-freedom-fosta-sosta

Alot of early fallout from this bill including Craigslist shutting down their 'personals' section and Amazon hiding some of their more risque reading content in a no review section of their site. Skype no longer allows foul language or nudity in private calls. I think we all agree human trafficking is a worthy cause worth addressing, but many people, myself included think this bill is overreaching. 

• Plus1 1

I agree with the author of this article.  It seems to me that these republican religitards are doing what they can to install their own "christian" version of sharia law.   

I fundamentally agree that stopping human trafficking and sexual slavery are noble goals that we should work towards.  However, as the author correctly points out, the scope is far too broad and will just push it more "underground."

This is what happens when you give idiotic religious bigots carte blanche power.

Didn't it used to republicans who were against legislation like this because it meant government was getting too involved in citizens lives?  But now, with them in complete power, their fascist tendencies are truly showing.

What's the over/under until some right-wing, religious bigot gets busted because of these new laws because he was trolling for gay men?  Not many people do #Hypocrisy better than religious republicans.

• Plus1 2