Monster Verse

Wonderful.  Just a really good flick at the theater, especially with the surround sound, the visuals and the buildups.  I recommend any movie-goer to buy the tickets, grab a bucket of popcorn & soda, and see what's up.  

We couldn't decide if we wanted to have dinner before or after.  Since we wanted to have Pho noodle soup (a favorite) we decided that we could eat before and enjoy popcorn during the show.  And skittles & sour patches.  

As for the movie, well I agree with what rotten tomatoes fans think - 98% out of 100.  Critics give it 97%, of course.

I suggest you go see it with the same feeling as you did about the 2nd Top Gun movie.  You have an idea, you don't need previews, you just want to sit back and take it all in..... AND let the movie tell the story.  But, unlike Top Gun, there is a human element story in this flick that is so compelling.  It can get dusty in the movie theater for some folks.  

Just keep in mind that this is a low budget Japanese movie, portaling an old monster movie of the past with the great Godzilla and Tokyo.  

2 thumbs up IMHO