**Pre-game Nicholls St.**

Nicholas St. wins 35-0

Michael McLendon scored two touchdowns for Nicholls State in a 35-0 win Thursday over Southern Arkansas.

McClendon scored at the 5:09 mark of the first quarter from 1-yard out and had another 1-yard run late in the fourth quarter to cap off a 9-play, 80-yard drive.

The Colonels ended the night with 261 total yards on 51 plays, 229 of which came from the ground attack, while the Muleriders totaled 200 yards on 67 plays. Southern Arkansas only got into field goal range once.

Broderick Cole muscled in a touchdown from the 1-yard line to start the Colonels' scoring. Late in the second quarter, a bad snap on a punt attempt by Southern Arkansas' Tommy King put the ball in the Colonels' end zone and King was unable to block Nicholls' Jermaine Boggan from diving on it for the touchdown.

Boggan finished the game with two interceptions, a special teams touchdown, and 0.5 tackles.

The only touchdown scored in the third quarter of play was set up by another Muleriders special teams mistake. King bobbled the ball, and Nicholls' Levon Bailey forced the fumble.

Kyle Hughes picked up the loose ball ran 14 yards before he was tackled at the 1-yard line. A play later, Zach Morgan scored.

Since Nicholls is in our conference I get to see them every other year in person. I will say that if you guys miss the old Nebraska option offense you will get to see it again this weekend because that's basically what Nicholls runs. They pass very little, they depend on breaking runs on the outside for their big plays. Their biggest problem this year from what I read is they are a really young team and I think that shows in the stats from the first game. The rushing yards, 220, are pretty low considering the kind of offense they run. Part of that could be from playing a short field however. This game will get you ready for the run but won't do much to gear you up for the passing attack from USC. If this were last year's Nicholls team I would tell you that it might be closer than you might think, but the team is pretty different this year from what I read. One thing I can say for sure, a team with an "N" on their helmet will win.... :rollin

thanks beamout for the contributions and insight.

it will be nice to see how our D stacks up against a option team. At least it will give our secondary a chance to grow a little without being punished. Overall should be a good game. I look forward to getting to USC though. No offense to the Colonels but the sooner we write them their check we can get to preparing for USC.

My goal for the Huskers on Saturday is to score a touchdown on the first drive. When was the last time that we have done this? One would think with the scripting of the first fifteen plays, we would be able to march down the field and score. Hopefully we can come out clicking right off the bat and end this game before it even gets started.

^^^Good goal. I thought we should have on Saturday, but stupid mistakes caused us not to. This weel it should happen.

Thats seems to be a problem for this team. Since we script the first 15 plays, there should be no reason to get these stupid penalties on the first one or two drives. We practice them at least two or three times a day for the whole week. There shouldn't be any thinking involved, just reaction.