Positive thought.

HSKRNOKC

I for one and happy to this point of how the team looks. We have a much better balance on offense and our d seems strong as advertised. We suffered through a couple years of in decision. Now fellow Huskers , I see some light at the end of the tunnel.

How about the tight end play. :thumbs

Agreed, everyone is talking about how USC will manhandle our defensive backs. But with Callahan running those three and four TE sets USC may have some problems. Especially with their secondary losing two starters. Taylor's strength is his accuracy and decision making ability. USC gives up yardage. Last season they gave up about 360 yards per game on average. They gave up over 400 yards six times.

To think that we are even in this game says something about the state of the program. This game will be so close it could be settled by a turnover.

I am really liking the use of the backs so far this year. Hopefully even if we struggle with the running game at the beginning of the SC game, we stick with it.

Definitely. If we fail to establish the run, look out. That's how it was a lot of times last year, if I recall. We were relying too much on the pass, and without a reliable rushing attack, we just weren't able to get it done.

We can't have Zac tossing it up fifty times a game, taking sacks and hits, and having to ice down his shoulders after every play. We need our rushing attack to be consistent and something we can count on all year.

ST also huge...Congdon missed one today, what happened?!

Happy Husker today,

I coached little league fball this morning and was not able to see the game so I listened it on the radio (2nd half) after I got home.

My assessment is that we are playing for execution and confidence. I'm not sure we are battle tested. Do I hope and want to beleive we are top 10 material? YES - But the USC game will be a true test!!

Looking foward to seeing that game!!! I so much want to have those bragging rights over USC!!!

Red_38