Are you bent out of shape over the USC gameplan?

I haven't been reading the forums a lot this week, but just in case people are really wondering about BC, I question your questioning. I think the ZT article is a good point, and I also personally think it was a decent game plan.

SURE -- I, like everyone else, had wanted to see ZT light up the USC defense.

My 'heart' tells me to be upset a little, and I am.

But my head wins out here --

If we played a mistake free game, we would have had a great chance for a W.

I think BC did an awesome job of planning that out, and I really wonder if many of you are overlooking it.

It was a very humble approach, but all part of the plan.

If we capitalized one some USC turnovers and limited our own, we would have been very much in the game, and could have won. But we did not. Lucky's fumble was horrible, and I see that as the turning point in the game.

Whether you like to hear it or not, a team would have to play mistake free against USC, even if they had USC's talent and athleticism, which Nebraska does not. We did not play mistake free, we had more turnovers and more missed turnover oppertunities.

If you "hate BC" now because of the USC fan, then I really will have to consider you a very shallow spectator.

To quote Colonel Mustard, from Huskerpedia:

http://huskerpedia.com/colonel/c091806.html

As many of you know I am not Bill’s biggest fan. However in this case I had no problem with the way he handled the game.

I disagreed with some of the tactical decisions on both sides of the ball, but not the strategy.

That is how I feel. I would have liked to changed a few plays myself, but BC is a gambling man, not unlike some other great coaches. Sometimes his plays backfired, but other times -- like the fake punt and ZT's TD -- they work out well. And I like that in a coach.

That's how I feel.

As always,

:restore

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Yet another thread about the gameplan. It's over guys. Lets talk about something else please. What did the team eat for lunch today? :lol: