NU vs KU

Some KU troll mentioned something earlier to the effect of "Did you even WATCH the South Florida game?" I'd put it in quotes, but I can't find it.

Anyway, I watched the South Florida game. I saw a team that looked completely dilapitated and confused on both sides of the ball. You claim it should have been 27-7, but you know what? Last time I checked, you don't get credit (at least not in the NCAA) for touchdowns you could have scored, but turned over instead. South Florida played KU to the last second of the game, and they got lucky that the SF quarterback got jittery on the last play and couldn't make a good throw.

Also, I watched the Toledo game, you recall the one where the Hawks went to play in a stadium three-quarters empty and get beat, thanks mostly in part to a true freshman DB? If that's KU's best road performance, then this Saturday is going to be a very fun one for the Huskers, I think.

I'm a Husker fan, but I make it a point to watch Kansas football every chance I get. I had friends attend KU and I think Mangino a good coach. He's doing well with the program and I think KU is going places in the next five years or so.

That being said, Kansas just isn't at Nebraska's current level yet. There's just not much logical argument against that, so what you're left with is hopeful fans. There's nothing wrong with that, but one has to keep in mind hopeful fans aren't realistic.

Our offensive line is bigger and stronger than KU's defensive line, and we'll be able to get good push whenever we need to for the run. Kansas highlights their own offensive line, but if memory serves they are about 76th in the nation in terms of sacks per game against their QB's. That's not a good sign for them considering who KU has played. Prior to the game against South Florida, Kansas was tied for second worst in I-A as far as turnover margin. I don't know where they are after the last game, but Nebraska is tied for 14th and KU isn't even in the top 50. The stats just go on and on in the Huskers' favor, with only a couple going KU's way.

I like KU, but they only have an outside chance of coming here and beating us. Comparing this Nebraska team to the one that played KU last year isn't a good idea. This year's Nebraska team is already far, far better. Comparing this year's team to the one two years ago is simply beyond ignorant and almost boggles the mind. Thinking the Huskers will overlook Kansas is also a misjudgement. We have a lot of recruits visiting this weekend who would like to see a good showing for Nebraska and that's not lost on the football program here.

But beyond that, the attitude this year seems focused on taking it one game at a time and going out to prove themselves for each game. And they do have a lot to prove, because our state is used to nothing less than football excellence and the Huskers are still rebuilding and growing. So it's safe to say no team is going to get overlooked this year. Nebraska will come out looking for blood each and every game.

Nebraska should be ranked right where it is, but we're in no way overrated. I would say we are technically underrated and are probably sitting somewhere around 15th in the country. But like I said, we're ranked where we should be til we get a few more wins under our belt (even if we're a little better than our current rank). The biggest question for me this year is will Nebraska be able to consistently play at the level they have been? Inconsistency was a problem last year and is something only time can solve, but my own personal opinion is we have that problem licked this season. And that means we're a dangerous team now.

I'm sure all the KU fans will be treated with respect when they come to watch the game on Saturday. I think KU will keep it close for the first quarter and a half, but we'll see Nebraska grind them down right from the start, then begin to steadily pull away. As I said at the top, KU just isn't at the level Nebraska is. It's the same for Nebraska and USC...Nebraska just isn't there yet.

My prediction is 35-10, Nebraska. Kansas will make it respectable for a while, but we'll wear them down and work our way out to a good lead. If KU gets disheartened it could turn into a real blowout, but I think they'll keep it together.

Just for the sake of argument. Prior to the Alamo Game many Michigan fans came on the board and discussed football. If memory serves me correct only 1-2 were banned. Most had valid points both pro and con. But if you come on the board thinking your the next best thing to sliced bread against our Huskers WHOA NELLIE. :bonez

Guys gotta have some fun. Still think KU will lose and by a large margin just like 2 years ago. :):restore

I played it last night on 360 NCAA 07. It was 56-7 at half... Huskers. :wasted I have a terrible feeling about Saturday...if I was wearing KU colors. :lol::rollin:rollin

I realize whatever I say will not be agreed with in this forum, and that is fine. But I will say this. The game will not be a blow out. YOU Husker Fans and Vegas are the only ones that think that is the case, All of the logical fans, radio stations 610 Sports, 810 Sports, and 980 KMBZ, all say the game will be close throughout and the two teams are pretty much evenly matched.

But whatever. Clearly I know nothing about college football. For the Yahoo that said NU blew us out to years agi...the score was 14-8. Nice try. The last three years KU has given up 21, 14, 15 points to NU the last 3 years.....so sorry if I disagree that NU is going to stomp us into the ground like one of your fans stated in an earlier post.

Kansas has had alot of luck against your O-line the last 3 years and this year will be no different. Your line won't wear us down. I'm not sure why you guys believe you will be able to blow us out.....that is so ignorant. 810 sports interviewed the guy that write for NU football in the Omaha newspaper. He said you guys have HUGE concerns in your secondary and that KU will have sucess throwing the ball to their tall and athletic receivers. He says it's a mismatch. He said he thinks NU will have sucess throwing on KU, but he doesn't expect Lucky to have a big day or the other Husker backs. He said KU is to good against the run.

Another thing to note. KU is not ranked 4th against the run in the big 12. They are ranked 2nd. Another thing of note. KU has not given up a 100 yard performance by 1 rusher in 17 games.

Finally, your writter also acknowledged the fact that KU does have the same offensive line that dominated NU's defensive line in the second half. That worries him to. He thinks nebraska will win, but he is guessing by 12. He is very knowledgeable about his team and realistict expectations unlike alot of the clowns on this board. He also thought it was poor taste that one of your corners gauranteed victory against USC and got burned all night long. I actually watched the guy get beat several times....it was really funny.

For the record this is my last post until after the game. I will let the players decide the outcome. I can go on and on battling you guys and get knowhere. It really doesn't matter.

I like Nebraska's stadium. I'm excited about making the trip up there. I can't wait to see your new jumbo tron. I heard it was the biggest and best in the country. I like all of the Husker fans, they were really cool two years ago and showed alot of class. I expect the same for this trip.

So I say to all of you. Good luck, and may the best team win.

:nanalama This icon is just hilarious. Stop by our board sometime. ljworld.com

Sorry, but having an offensive front ranking 76th in the country for sacks against per game is not a good sign at all. It's even worse when you consider who KU has played so far and how much better NU's front 7 are than any of them. They are going to to need to really step it up if they want to keep their QB from scampering for his life all night. It's not going to matter how depleted NU's secondary is if the Kansas QB is eating turf for most of the game, which he very well could be.

And hey, they certainly could step it up and hold back Nebraska's front 7. But considering KU's performance in the early games, I see that as a slim chance at best.

Sorry, but having an offensive front ranking 76th in the country for sacks against per game is not a good sign at all. It's even worse when you consider who KU has played so far and how much better NU's front 7 are than any of them. They are going to to need to really step it up if they want to keep their QB from scampering for his life all night. It's not going to matter how depleted NU's secondary is if the Kansas QB is eating turf for most of the game, which he very well could be.

And hey, they certainly could step it up and hold back Nebraska's front 7. But considering KU's performance in the early games, I see that as a slim chance at best.

EbyHusker,

Where did you get that stat about KU being ranked 76th per game in sacks given up? Barman wasn't sacked last week, and Meir usually excapes the pocket before he gets hit.

I'm just curious where you got it and if I can view it on the web.? I'll look, but so far I've had no luck finding it.

Sorry, took me a while to find it again. It's a link off huskerpedia.com I guess.

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf4/44960.pdf

It's down on page 3 under the heading, "2006 Nebraska-Kansas Statistical Comparison".

Anyway, that's the stat which really jumps out at me. It's not like it's a huge number of sacks per game, but you have to consider the opponents KU has had and who they are about to play. That's why I think Kansas' offensive line will be overmatched and their QB is will be at least flushed out a good amount.

Sorry, took me a while to find it again. It's a link off huskerpedia.com I guess.

http://admin.xosn.com//pdf4/44960.pdf

It's down on page 3 under the heading, "2006 Nebraska-Kansas Statistical Comparison".

Anyway, that's the stat which really jumps out at me. It's not like it's a huge number of sacks per game, but you have to consider the opponents KU has had and who they are about to play. That's why I think Kansas' offensive line will be overmatched and their QB is will be at least flushed out a good amount.

That is an interesting stat. That is a concern. The funny thing is I think the reason we are ranked 76th is because of that damn Toledo game. They really snuck up on us. They also played ISU tough.

What really concerns me is Mangino hasn't announced who will get the start this saturday. I really hope it's Barman. He has experience playing in Lincoln. Meir is more talented, and is a big running threat. But Barman seems to have more composure in his old age. Granted, I thunk NU has a better Defense than USF. I just feel more comfortable at this time with Adam in the game. I guess we'll see.