NU vs KU

I'm having a very hard time figuring out how this game will go. So far, KU has played nobody, except maybe a double OT loss to Toledo. Nebraska has had an easy time dominating what I would consider undersized opponents with the lone exception being USC. I can guarantee you that if we have a hard time running the ball in this game, BC will open it up a long before the final minute of the 3rd quarter.

That being said - does anyone have any real insight into the match ups of this game?

I'm pretty much assuming that our D-line will out match their O-line, minimizing there ability to run the ball. What is their passing game like? Is there any chance of success in that department? How does their passing game stack up against our d-backs?

How does our O-line stack up against their D-line/backers? Are we going to be able to establish the running game, which, IMHO will result in an NU blow out. How about the passing game? Are the weak or strong in the secondary?

Thoughts?

:wtf:wtf:wtf

Well, their pre-season all Big 12 pick at CB is suspended, I believe, and Gordon decided to drop out to get an early start at pumping gas, so I would say their secondary is weak. They lost all 3 LB's from last year and a couple good D-linemen. Their defense may end up ok, but right now, I think they will get schooled. I predicted 41-13 with 500 total yards, but that might end up being generous.

Judging from what I've seen from Kansas so far I imagine our defense will keep their offense under control from the start. I'm not saying we won't give up a few first downs, but they're not the best rushing offense in the nation (7th in Big XII), with all that coming against suspect competition (highest ranked is Toledo at 61). Regarless of which qb they start, if NU can stop the running game and force Kansas to pass then the game will be under control. Neither of KU's quarterbacks have been particularly sharp or accurate. If the defense can force KU into obvious passing situations by stopping the run on 1st and 2nd down, which I believe we can, then it should be a long day for KU's offense.

When Nebraska has the ball I think we'll see more of the same from BC. I imagine we'll try to pound the ball early and establish the tone of the game with the big boys up front. Its true that KU's secondary has looked pretty poor, but personally I think that just means we'll have an easier time converting third downs and play action passes. I don't see BC coming out trying to throw 30 some times this game if he is able to find success on the ground.

It'll probably take a quarter or two before NU opens up a 2 score lead, but by the time the 4th quarter comes around the game should be well in hand.

That's just my prediction.

Normally I am hesitant to predict blowouts of conference opponents, but for this game I have to. Despite what anyone says, I think it's quite obvious that the NU players and coaching staff will be out for blood. After what happened last year we will destroy them. KU is historically terrible in Lincoln, they have not been impressive thus far, and they know we are going to be just itching to forcefully thrust KU back into their place.

I predict the first 2 or 3 times Kansas has the ball it will be 3 and out and I think the Huskers offense will roll against a depleted KU defense and a weaponless KU offense is going to have a tough time getting out of the backfield. I think it will end up being out of reach by the second quarter and the Huskers will put up over 40pts.

I think KU will play tough for the first two quarters but after that, we wear em down and dominate. NU players I believe have a taste for revenge despite what they say to the media. And I would not be surprised if Caly runs up the score to prove a point to the rest of the Big 12: Order has been restored at NU! :restore:restore:restore

Let me help you rookies out. I am the biggest KU Fan you will ever meet. Ahhhh...i'm so happy to have found your litttle message board!!

Let's get some things straight. 1. That corner that you speak of getting suspended is Aqib Talib (Preseason All-Big 12) He is back now and running shop! He will completely shut down the left side of the field. As for the other corner, his name is Anthony Webb. He is a 4 Star corner from the great state of Texas. A true freshman I might add. If Taylor is smart, which we all know he isn't, he should throw the ball his way. But i'm confident that Webb is good enough to hold his own. Jerome Kemp is back at SS. No worries there.

As for the comment about KU's offensive line getting owned...LOL. We have the same offensive line as last year!! They are all back...BIGGER, and Faster...and even better than a year ago!! Plus, I'm sure you all remember what Jon Cornish did to you clowns in Lawrence last year!!! 140 yards!! LOL. Your pink shirts are stopping Nobody!!!

The KU linebackers are gone...yes, that is true. But we replaced talent with speed. The young backers will hold there own. NU will not be able to run the ball. Write it down.

40-15. Enough Said.

40-15 was the score last year, and is the reason why we will win this season. And as for Taylor not being smart. What are you smoking? 70% passing. 4-1 td to int ratio. What are you talking about. Kansas won't do anything against us. GBR!

Yeah, Taylor put up his numbers against some true Juggarnauts!! Troy, Nicholls State, and La Tech??

LOL :)

40-15. Nough Said.