BCS question

My question is about the BCS championship game, played here on Jan. 08...a week after the Fiesta Bowl.

Near as I can figure out, all you need to do is make sure you finnish in the top 4, win your Bowl game, and then, the BCS Championship game.

No easy task..

Anybody else able to find out how they're picking the final two?

If this was the case last year (BCS Championship game after the bowls) I'm afraid we would've just had Texas going against USC in a rematch of the Rose Bowl played the week before...(1vs.2)

So why have TWO BCS bowl games in the same stadium (a week apart)? Rather than include another stadium/City in the BCS Bowl picture..say like the Cotton Bowl or something?

Seems like it would be more better to spread the wealth, or use this as an opportunity to help out an area trying to recover from a Hurricane or a 9/11 kind of situation.

There's going to be 3 Bowl games here in the Valley in a 10 day span..I'm not complaining, 'specially if the Huskers make it out here...but seems like the rich are getting a lot richer...

Maybe they plan on easing in to the "Plus One" format to placate the "Playoff Mongers". <_<

I agree, the Cotton Bowl should be the extra BCS bowl game added to the mix. THere is no reason to have two bowls in one stadium in under a week. Wouldn't the all the teams have a conflict every once and awhile with practice facilities and such.

What are the facilities like? Seems like I'd heard the stadium (Cotton Bowl) was in pretty bad shape awhile back..One of the reasons they weren't included in the BCS bowl party...

You'd think any NFL city with a new stadium could make a case for hosting one of these...Heck..With the improvements at Memorial...Nahh

Even if the Cotton Bowl is a dump, I plan on making the voyage there this winter if the Huskers end up there.

The past few years it has been an early early kick-off, like 11am.

Yeah, it has been the last number of years. That's fine by me, I have family in town there and it would be a whole weekend vacation.