Did we win the last two games????

I know, I know, a win is a win is a win. And yes, they were both on the road. However, lets face it, the Big 12 N is not that tough, so was anyone else (besides me) hoping for crushing defeats? Not to say I don't love a win, but we could have destroyed ISU and KSU, but, we didn't.

I'll reserve any negative thoughts until next week. However, from what I've seen, we can beat Texas at home. We'd have to play a great game, but we can win. If we go into a "ball control" shell, we won't. I'm expecting everything to hang out --- go all out.

I'm afraid that Callahan knows we can lose to Texas and still win the North. So, he will pull a run, run, run, (maybe pass), and punt to keep it close, but still lose. Am I crazy, or is anyone else afraid of that?

We arnt running up the score. If we really felt like it, we could pass and pass and all day pass, and completly anihhilate anyone who gets in our way. But we keep it fair, run a lot when we are up. We could stomp those opponents whenever we wish, we just choose to take the easy win to the go hardcore 150% all 4 quarters and beat them 56-0.

I know, I know, a win is a win is a win. And yes, they were both on the road. However, lets face it, the Big 12 N is not that tough, so was anyone else (besides me) hoping for crushing defeats? Not to say I don't love a win, but we could have destroyed ISU and KSU, but, we didn't.

I'll reserve any negative thoughts until next week. However, from what I've seen, we can beat Texas at home. We'd have to play a great game, but we can win. If we go into a "ball control" shell, we won't. I'm expecting everything to hang out --- go all out.

I'm afraid that Callahan knows we can lose to Texas and still win the North. So, he will pull a run, run, run, (maybe pass), and punt to keep it close, but still lose. Am I crazy, or is anyone else afraid of that?

Yeah..

My guess is Cally will call another Vanilla offense and try to beat them later in the Conference Championship game.

Fu??in' NFL coaches :angry:

I kinda agree but I loved every bit of this game go in and get the lead then let our D have some fun with Freeman. I think we taught him a lesson. I don't think they cared after we got a good lead at makeing it a huge lead go out there if we run and get a first down then great if not and we have to punt then we send the D back out who is already pumped up and let them have some more of Freeman. It seemed like the D was the big part tonight. I do admit KSU does have a strong D also but we could have done alot better if we needed to on Offense but there was no point of it. Go Blackshirts, and after tonight I do think they are comeing back. On Blitz at a time, or as this game shows just blitz the whole game and don't let Freeman have any time to think. Anyone else love seeing Freemans dazed look after each hit. He had a deer in the headlight look or what a bug looks like before it hits the windshield. LMFAO!!

F??in' NFL coaches :angry:

Yeah, f??in' NFL coach has us 6-1 and has restrained the weapons that could beat Texas not once, but twice and put us in a very favorable position for a post season bowl.

Damn I hate those NFL flunkies.

Yeah..Me too...But at least they're more likely to put the game of Football in proper perspective..Took me ~45 years to figgure that out. chuckleshuffle

A Proper coach would have us 7-0 right now.. :box:nutz

But Seriously...I think we've seen the last of undefeated seasons at UNL.

I hope our backups got some serious playing time at least.

What game film will texas have to look at? Run,run,run and more run. The only thing they are gonna see is a whole lotta ground chuck oh yeah and relentless blitzing in store for young McCoy. We saw a little Swift tonight and and a good amount of purify don't be shocked if an all out aerial assault takes place with Herian and Pederson getting big numbers. 42-16 SKERS 28-3 at halftime. :thumbs

The Husker's won and are on top of the B12 North. And that's with a coach that doesn't know how to play football. Just think where we'd be if we had someone that knew how to run a team. That word run is making me depressed. However, I will withhold all negative comments until after we loose to Texas. If BC would just pass the ball we could beat Texas by 40 or more. But no, run run run. That's all he knows how to do. Far be it from me, but we really need to get a coach that has balls, and I don't mean footballs. I bet ZT is really mad that BC won't let him win big. Just wait till we loose to Texas. But, I don't want to say anything negative. Positive, that's me, until we loose. I'll try to keep my positive attitude but it will be hard when we loose. Especially since the Huskers are invincible if BC would just turn them loose. It won't happen cuz BC only plays to not loose. :hmmm

F??in' NFL coaches :angry:

Yeah, f??in' NFL coach has us 6-1 and has restrained the weapons that could beat Texas not once, but twice and put us in a very favorable position for a post season bowl.

Damn I hate those NFL flunkies.

Yeah..Me too...But at least they're more likely to put the game of Football in proper perspective..Took me ~45 years to figgure that out. chuckleshuffle

A Proper coach would have us 7-0 right now.. :box:nutz

But Seriously...I think we've seen the last of undefeated seasons at UNL.

I hope our backups got some serious playing time at least.

Actually I was being super-sarcastic when I posted to your response. What I was trying to convey was that Callahan appears to have 'mastered' the passing portion of the WCO with the players he has and now wants to complete the gameplan by developing a respectable run-offense. If you look back to last year we passed a lot and ran a little Ross here and a little Ross there. Some power Glenn in short yardage and then some Swift/Nunn/Hardy on the fly.

You don't hear too much about Nunn and Swift this year as you did last year. You also don't see Herian being used that much either. Callahan has A LOT of tools in his shed and, with added run efficiency (as you are witnessing) will probably be able to drag any team behind his 'woodshed' so to speak. Could I say that he has flashed his weapons during the earlier games this year against lesser opponents? Yes. But then we see the KU game and wonder. I am not in Callahan's head and don't see what he is trying to achieve. We can only speculate. I expect NU to reach the Top 10 next year.

I get frustrated with the mediocre wins as well. Why? Because I grew up with Tom. I am used to the 'scoring explosions' of the 80's and the glorious mid-90's where the Huskers reigned supreme. It was time for a change. If you could not see in some of our games after Tom's departure that teams had figured out how to stop the option, you were definately watching with blinders on.

I wish, at times like tonight, that Callahan would just cut the kids loose. But apparently that is not going to happen just yet - and maybe never. College football is hard to figure. Who would have thought that the same team we beat in the Alamo Bowl last year might possibly have a shot at playing for the National Championship this year? Our time will come again.

I think there is something about going on the road and completely controlling the pace of the game. I would have loved to see a huge win on the scoreboard but I feel very comfortable saying we dominated the game. Almost 10+ minutes of possession, held them to 22 yards rushing, and 1/13 on third downs. I think their passing yards are deceiving because it seemed like they never put a drive together. All in all I'm very happy with tonight's win and performance.

I think there is something about going on the road and completely controlling the pace of the game. I would have loved to see a huge win on the scoreboard but I feel very comfortable saying we dominated the game. Almost 10+ minutes of possession, held them to 22 yards rushing, and 1/13 on third downs. I think their passing yards are deceiving because it seemed like they never put a drive together. All in all I'm very happy with tonight's win and performance.

:yeah That too could very well be his plan. Not to be looking back, but had the 'skers not turned the ball over in L.A. - who knows.