Finding tickets outside of Memorial Stadium.

I posted this on the main board because there is a better chance that everybody will read this and may have knowledge on this.

Everybody knows how hard it is to come across tickets. My question is, is it easy to avoid scalpers, ebay, classified ads, and find tickets minutes before kickoff right outside the stadium. I don't mean the people that are off the property because those are the ones that are scalpers but I'm talking about the people who are right outside the gates. I know somebody who said he does this quite often but I'm wondering is it as easy as he says it is.

Like others have said, there are always people out there selling their tickets. Don't forget that you should be willing to haggle a little to see if you can get a slightly better price. And as already stated, big games mean people will sell them for more, and waiting til very close to game time usually means those left trying to sell their tickets will be willing to let them go for less (since getting something for them is better than getting nothing at all).

Like others have said, there are always people out there selling their tickets. Don't forget that you should be willing to haggle a little to see if you can get a slightly better price. And as already stated, big games mean people will sell them for more, and waiting til very close to game time usually means those left trying to sell their tickets will be willing to let them go for less (since getting something for them is better than getting nothing at all).

Keep in mind that it is illegal to sell tickets on the property for more than face value. I'm not talking about the scalpers that are walking around across the street. I mean the people who are actually outside the gates of the stadium trying to sell their extras.

don't worry...you'll find tickets. I always worry too right before I head up to Lincoln but I always find them easily.

I went up for the KU game (of course sold out...and everyone wanted to see that game not only 'cause we wanted to beat KU but because it was also the first game of the conference).

Anyway, I was tailgating and there were several people around me selling them...tailgaters right next to us. However, we just missed their last couple ones. So we started walking through the tailgaters yelling that we needed tickets and this guy happened to be walking by selling his. He sold them for $40 each when face value was for $48.

We ended up walking around the streets of Lincoln some more trying to get another single ticket for $40. It took a little while because most of the people we came across at that time of day (4-5 hours before game time) were scalpers. Eventually we found a guy and the chick I was with charmed him into giving it to her for $40 (so hint...find tickets with a girl next to you. they have magical powers).

I ended up confronting a scalper about his prices because he wanted 90 bucks a ticket. I asked him blatantly what the facevalue was and he told me "irrelevant." So I started yelling "Don't by from this guy...he's trying to rip you off." :lol:

Long story short, buy from Nebraska fans. They're A LOT nicer about selling you their tickets and more than likely you'll get them for less than face value or maybe even for free if you strike up some conversation.

Also, don't be afraid to get student tickets. If you're not a student, you'll have to get the tickets validated up to full price (I think something like 25-35 dollars extra...after buying it from the student at like $25)...but sitting in the student section kicks ass.

Another hint is if you are trying to find a single ticket, find another guy who needs a single ticket. It's easier to find two tickets from a seller than it is to find one. And sellers may only be interested in selling both of them. Also, start hunting early....so that you have time.