Nebraska cannot beat "athletic" teams.

Looking at our D and O lines, it's apparent we're losing the battle in the trenches.

We gave Texas hell last week, but that was an all out effort and with a home crowd assisting.

Taking a close look at the physiques of the OSU players, and it becomes apparent that they are better conditioned, with better muscularity, better toning. They are simply wearing the Huskers down. Hopefully this problem will be taken care of the next few years, as the recruits coming in will replace what is left of the Solich regime. I also am interested in seeing how Kennedy fares the next couple of years. I'm sure his performance as strength coach will be evaluated in full upon the conclusion of this season. What worries me is that I haven't really seen much improvement in the muscularity of our players the past two years. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but we gotta be patient as the transition continues. We simply must wait and give the coaches time to develop the players that we do have and work on getting back to having well conditioned players. We're simply not there yet. Now that we have a new and improved strength training facility, the heat is on Kennedy to put it to good use.

3 years wasted on Kennedy and his system? how the hell can Okie State have better conditioned athletes?? we constantly go for the big fat ass linemen over 300 lbs.? so what does that prove, when you got a guy at 280-290 that has quick feet and stamina? that guy will run past the lard ass guy as the game moves along and he will tire too....i think we are missing the boat on recruting AND conditioning both....i am also tired of blaming Solich for this teams' inadequacies......give that line of crap arest.......it is time to start holding cally, coz and Kennedy accountable.....3 years is not a long time, BUT THEY NEED TO SHOW SOME STEADY IMPROVEMENT.....SOMETHING THAT SHOWS PROGRESS!

It gets down to where the players are comming from. Texas and OSU pull almost all thier players out of texas. USC has cali. We have alot of players from elsewhere. When it gets down to it, we still have serious issues with talent that will take more recruiting classes to get in, but without winning games like this, it gets much harder.

Just curious but where are the 60 NE players at that we missed during recruiting? I know for sure they're not playing for USC, Texas or OSU. My guess is Doane, UNO and Wesleyan. Great education is more important than a game. Ask one who knows Dane Todd. Here it comes wait for it wait for it:

dedhoarse

Recruiting is the name of the game. Talent can be the most important factor. The Peters' brothers, Wistrom and others from the 95 team weren't from Nebraska they were just smart enough to make the correct choice.

GBR

Many of the ideas in this thread were the things crossing my mind during the game.

We seemed very slow and worn down compared to the speedy and inspired Okies. I wondered several times during the game about our conditioning. OSU was super quick and athletic.

Maybe at this point in the season the team has some "tired" legs. I know they are young and strong but they seemed dead on their feet most of the day.

Need to improve a ton for Missouri.

That's evident of OSU, Texas, and USC. We are just not there yet people. We still got two more years of Frank Solich scrubs on our team. We are two slow to make up for wrong play calls. Bradley, Rudd, Carriker, Moore, Grixby...etc...etc. None of those guys could play anywhere else in a major conference.

I could not disagree more with you. The players you named could play for any team in a major conference. I can't believe you called Carriker a "Frank Solich scrub." You need to calm down.

Looking at our D and O lines, it's apparent we're losing the battle in the trenches.

We gave Texas hell last week, but that was an all out effort and with a home crowd assisting.

Taking a close look at the physiques of the OSU players, and it becomes apparent that they are better conditioned, with better muscularity, better toning. They are simply wearing the Huskers down. Hopefully this problem will be taken care of the next few years, as the recruits coming in will replace what is left of the Solich regime. I also am interested in seeing how Kennedy fares the next couple of years. I'm sure his performance as strength coach will be evaluated in full upon the conclusion of this season. What worries me is that I haven't really seen much improvement in the muscularity of our players the past two years. Will be interesting to see how this plays out, but we gotta be patient as the transition continues. We simply must wait and give the coaches time to develop the players that we do have and work on getting back to having well conditioned players. We're simply not there yet. Now that we have a new and improved strength training facility, the heat is on Kennedy to put it to good use.

Yeah, that's how I'll judge who's going to win a game. I line them all up with their shirts off and whoever is the most toned, they'll totally win the game... :sarcasm

That's evident of OSU, Texas, and USC. We are just not there yet people. We still got two more years of Frank Solich scrubs on our team. We are two slow to make up for wrong play calls. Bradley, Rudd, Carriker, Moore, Grixby...etc...etc. None of those guys could play anywhere else in a major conference.

hmmm....i'm pretty sure when the guys you just listed were coming out of high school...they were being recruited by some big time college football programs....at least grixby and moore were 4 star recruits if i remember right, but thats not to say recruiting rankings mean anything. furthermore, i thought we did a decent job competing with texas and even usc from a physical stand point on the defensive side. but against osu it was just ridiculous...just another game like kansas this year, kansas and mizzou in 05, and texas tech in 04. every year of the cosgrove era has a defensive debacle and a blowout loss. i really think its the coaching and maybe even the in game adjustments and schemes more so than our percieved lack of athleticism and speed. pretty sure if we had a guy like pelini coaching the defense, the last 3 years would have been a little better. granted even under pelini we did get beat down by the big time programs like texas, but we sure as hell did lose and get beat defensively to schools like osu, kansas, and texas tech.

Yeah, that's how I'll judge who's going to win a game. I line them all up with their shirts off and whoever is the most toned, they'll totally win the game... :sarcasm

They'll totally win the game by overpowering their opposition (us, in this case) throughout the game. OSU's players were in better shape, and wore us down. Just like what we used to do back in the days of TO when we were the ones who had the better conditioned players on the field.

They'll totally win the game by overpowering their opposition (us, in this case) throughout the game. OSU's players were in better shape, and wore us down. Just like what we used to do back in the days of TO when we were the ones who had the better conditioned players on the field.

Yep, OSU was just simply faster, stronger, and bigger.