HUGGINS WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT IN RED, BUT HOPEFULLY THE GOOD DOC HAS A CURE FOR HUSKER HOOPS

collier was a "nice guy" but we should have let him go a bit earlier...obviously his intentions werent invested in the future of husker basketball as he bolted the first oppurtunity he got with the butler ad job. i would have loved huggins to have come to lincoln...would have been a perfect fit. the guy's getting 5-star recruits to come and play for him in manahatten, ks (nice town, where i lived in during my elementary school years lol), but seriously, manahatten and big time college basketball recruits? if huskers would have hired him, with the national prominance of the husker football program and athletic department resources that huggins would have had, he would have made the huskers a contender at least in the big 12 for sure. with that said, i hope doc gets the job done...i like his enthusiasm and spirit so far, but that only goes so far if the wins dont come around..and the big 12 is gettin to be a tough basketball conference with the addition of some pretty good coaches.

collier was a "nice guy" but we should have let him go a bit earlier...obviously his intentions werent invested in the future of husker basketball as he bolted the first oppurtunity he got with the butler ad job. i would have loved huggins to have come to lincoln...would have been a perfect fit. the guy's getting 5-star recruits to come and play for him in manahatten, ks (nice town, where i lived in during my elementary school years lol), but seriously, manahatten and big time college basketball recruits? if huskers would have hired him, with the national prominance of the husker football program and athletic department resources that huggins would have had, he would have made the huskers a contender at least in the big 12 for sure. with that said, i hope doc gets the job done...i like his enthusiasm and spirit so far, but that only goes so far if the wins dont come around..and the big 12 is gettin to be a tough basketball conference with the addition of some pretty good coaches.

I think collier bolted because he saw the writing on the wall. 1 more year to show a big turnaround or else he was out, so he took a job that was presented to him and saved himself the embarassment of being canned.

I think huggins is a fiery guy, I don't know what's so wrong w/ his character? Hopefully Doc is given a few years to turn things around. I am excited to see how he performs and coaches this season. From the sound of things, he is going to make them work.

For those of you who subscribe to, or pick up, Sports Illustrated, Rick Rilley had a wonderful piece in an issue in the last three weeks "congratulating" KSU on the choice. He essentially outlined what would happen over the course of Huggins' career. Not very pretty at all. A good read, and once read, I think everyone would agree that Huggins is not the guy you would want at NU...

For those of you who subscribe to, or pick up, Sports Illustrated, Rick Rilley had a wonderful piece in an issue in the last three weeks "congratulating" KSU on the choice. He essentially outlined what would happen over the course of Huggins' career. Not very pretty at all. A good read, and once read, I think everyone would agree that Huggins is not the guy you would want at NU...

My subscription re-started the week after this one came out, but I heard about it. We'll have to see how it all plays out. He doesn't ever seem very enthusiastic about anything when he speaks out. Is it just me or when you see him does he always look pissed off at the world? Don't know what to think of him for sure yet...

Anyways, this post did not deserve an all caps title that stands out about ksu on a nebraska message board...plain and simple.

I really excited about Doc being the coach because of the style that he says he is going to run. Full court, baseline to baseline. That is fun basketball to watch. I don't know how that plays into Maric's strength but it should help White and others on the perimeter. It could look a lot like Villanova from last year with their four guard lineup. I don't think we will have the success that they have but it should be fun to watch. Moreso, than Collier's half court slow it down tempo he had. At least IMO>