Taylor and Keller?

I think Zac Taylor is a very good QB but he has no mobility on blitzes. I know Sam Keller will be a very good QB next year, but does he have more mobility than Zac does?

The thing that I fear about having a mobile QB in this offense is that mobile QB's tend to be less patient in the pocket. I just don't think that a mobile QB would work in this offense.

We need a more moble QB. Zac has no mobility at all. Even if he doesn't run more for yardage he needs to be more mobile to evade a sac by getting rid of the ball. In Zac's favor though, with the pounding he took last season if he had tried to run the ball more we would have had to finish the season with Ganz as QB.

Keller is not much of a runner either. Last season he finished with -94 yards and a -4.9 average. Although I'm sure he lost a lot of those yards on pass plays that collapsed.

We need a more moble QB. Zac has no mobility at all. Even if he doesn't run more for yardage he needs to be more mobile to evade a sac by getting rid of the ball. In Zac's favor though, with the pounding he took last season if he had tried to run the ball more we would have had to finish the season with Ganz as QB.

Keller is not much of a runner either. Last season he finished with -94 yards and a -4.9 average. Although I'm sure he lost a lot of those yards on pass plays that collapsed.

This offense is not built for a mobile QB people.

This offense is not built for a mobile QB people.

I think it's a flexible offense. A mobile QB would work but we just aren't seeing it because we don't have the tools at QB to make it work.

I think Zac Taylor is a very good QB but he has no mobility on blitzes. I know Sam Keller will be a very good QB next year, but does he have more mobility than Zac does?

The thing that I fear about having a mobile QB in this offense is that mobile QB's tend to be less patient in the pocket. I just don't think that a mobile QB would work in this offense.

You mean the same offense that Rich Gannon ran at Oakland?? The same QB that ran if all his WR's were covered and got good, positive yards? Grant it NFL QB's are leaps above college QB's but to say this offense isn't built around a running QB is crazy! Gannon was no speed demon but the guy could alteast move faster than a glacier!

You mean the same offense that Rich Gannon ran at Oakland?? The same QB that ran if all his WR's were covered and got good, positive yards? Grant it NFL QB's are leaps above college QB's but to say this offense isn't built around a running QB is crazy! Gannon was no speed demon but the guy could alteast move faster than a glacier!

I'm talking about a QB's style. In Callahan's offense, QB should run if all else fails and he see's an opening. But when somebody says mobile QB, that refers to a QB's style like Vince Young or Michael Vick.

I'm talking about a QB's style. In Callahan's offense, QB should run if all else fails and he see's an opening. But when somebody says mobile QB, that refers to a QB's style like Vince Young or Michael Vick.

Actually I think Vince Young and Michael Vick would out great in the WCO. I really don't think Callahan's WCO is rigid. So far this recruiting season Callahan has offered scollies to 3 pro style QB's and 7 Dual-threat QB's.

Ok makes sense.

I don't think Sam is mobile, but his dad posted an article the other day that he was one of the quicker players in the shuttle drill at ASU. Basically he's got quick feet so he's able to step away from defenders easier or step up into the pocket to buy some time. Not sure how ZT's quickness is.

Also, this offense is not suited to any particular style of QB. The staff recruited Logan Gray (from Missouri?) and he was a very fast, mobile QB. The biggest thing is being able to learn the playbook and being able to make the necessary reads. Intelligence and accuracy are more important than mobility, but mobility would never hurt.

As far as next year, I think we'll be much better than this year. I know I sound like a Cub fan, but think of these scenarios (barring injuries, of course...) Keller will be at least as good at QB. RB's and WR's will be better because they're all back. Can TE's be worse? Probably not. Our O-line SHOULD improve. We only lose Mann which hurts, but he's undersized and small for a big-time college center.

On defense, we'll have a much better secondary with Bowman and Jones starting at CB and Grixby playing the nickel. Green, Culbert, Wilson, (others?) at S (no Shanle, so I think we improve by default there). Suh is arguably our best interior D-lineman and help should be there with the Beast, Steinkuhler and probably a JUCO or two. The last two years have shown that JUCO D-linemen can come in and make an impact. DE is a question mark but Turner looks to be solid, unknown at the other side. The big thing on D that I'm concerned with is LB. I believe Dillard would have been our best linebacker this year, and will be very solid next year. If Octo can learn some discipline and stay healthy he should be solid to awesome. I'm not sold on McKeon, and Ruud's honestly the biggest sissy we've had at LB in the past 20 years. There's not much help on the way right now, and I'm not very excited about the recruits we have now. But having Octo and Phillard healthy should make us at least as good with the possibility of being much better there.

I think we'll end up going to the big 12 title game and losing to Texas again. We'll go to another Alamo Bowl, or something like that. I just wish we were at the level we were in the 90's, but after Saturday I don't think we'll be there for another 3 or 4 years.

damnit guys, you are forgetting one very improtant factor....we need some damn linmen up front! no line on either side of the ball, no results.

i am tired of hearing about qb styles.....we need some damn linemen. quality ass players that can move and protect....without that payton manning couldn't lead us to the big 12 championship game.......it's all about having some damn beef and studs up front.....looking back at the glory years, we always had that and it can make an average back or qb

damn effective......that is the start to success and right now, we don't have it on either side of the ball.......and i am not sure we have anyone that can coach a D linemen either, for that matter..........

hunter

And boy was it a pretty run,lol. First he braces himself for 3 seconds then sees he hasn't got hit yet and says gosh, i can run.