Major and the young guys

We have heard for weeks about how the Frosh arent capable of playing. How they dont know the system. etc etc etc.

Then out of need Major is put in the game and makes an immediate impact. Why are the coaches so afraid of change? How does Shanle keep getting put out on the field. At least once a game there is a play that he balks at. Thenarse and wilson need to get time and by no means can they do any worse. its simply amazing. I think major did a great job and that wilson and thenarse given the chance would outplay the people in front of them HANDS DOWN

It always used to be that all practice efforts were scored and the score determined who played in the game. If it's still that way, I'd guess that Shanle must score better than the young guys. Hence, the coaches have some basis for not starting them.

Maturity, as well as knowledge of the system, are BIG factors. The vast majority of 18 or 19 year old true freshman just don't have maturity but they have been practicing in the system for almost a year and now have attended 9 games to see how the system is supposed to work. Maybe the knowledge is adequate now. So, now that Major had a very good game, is that enough to trust that he will be the best person to put out there next weekend?

With that said, there are always exceptions to the rule. Maybe Major is the exception?

:bonez

It always used to be that all practice efforts were scored and the score determined who played in the game. If it's still that way, I'd guess that Shanle must score better than the young guys. Hence, the coaches have some basis for not starting them.

Maturity, as well as knowledge of the system, are BIG factors. The vast majority of 18 or 19 year old true freshman just don't have maturity but they have been practicing in the system for almost a year and now have attended 9 games to see how the system is supposed to work. Maybe the knowledge is adequate now. So, now that Major had a very good game, is that enough to trust that he will be the best person to put out there next weekend?

With that said, there are always exceptions to the rule. Maybe Major is the exception?

:bonez

now if shanle and one of the "young guns" score the same in practice, who starts and how much time do you give each player? do you go with what has gotten you there or do you trust the kid to perform how he was in practice? (this just goes off your premise of a scoring system)

i had more to add but just started to grow frustrated over all the why's that kept coming up.

We have heard for weeks about how the Frosh arent capable of playing. How they dont know the system. etc etc etc.

Then out of need Major is put in the game and makes an immediate impact. Why are the coaches so afraid of change? How does Shanle keep getting put out on the field. At least once a game there is a play that he balks at. Thenarse and wilson need to get time and by no means can they do any worse. its simply amazing. I think major did a great job and that wilson and thenarse given the chance would outplay the people in front of them HANDS DOWN

I'm not sure if it was "out of need" rather the young guys being ready and understanding what there jobs were and possible just being better than other guys.