Wali get's a b-shirt. But who loses their's??

Couldn't agree more. What makes getting a Blackshirt special is that its one of eleven. Eleven. Not fifteen. Not twenty.

I respect the fact that more than eleven contribute. And I appreciate those contributions. But what you want is every member of the defense fighting over it like starving pit bulls over a scrap of meat. Survival of the fittest. Seems to have worked well for evolutionary purposes...

I love the fact that Wali is gettings a blackshirt. He will be on the field about 60% of the plays against Tech in a few weeks and is out there on every passing down now. He should not be punished with not getting a b.s. just because most teams we play we use a conventional 4-3.

Agreed. No way someone deserves to have their shirt ripped just b/c they had the misfortune of being cheat shotted by some a-hole from So Miss. Carriker worked his ass off for it, and Wali is doing the same. Whatever we can do to motivate these guys I say do it. NOt saying just hand em out like credit cards on campus, but crap if a guy is asked to fill the shoes of a downed teammate why not show him you have confidence in his abilities by rewarding him with a blackshirt?!

But yes when AC comes back at that time Wali will need to give it up. But that will only make him that much more hungry to get it back... :steam

I totally disagree with you. A nickle back or a Dime back is just as important as the weak side linebacker in a 4-3. Just wait until we are playing Tech in a couple of weeks and Grixby, Washington, McPhearson, Huston, and Brothers are all playing at the same time. I would hope that they would be more important to our defense that day than Stewart or Bradley who will be riding the pine all game long. Plus, if you are going to switch the blackshirts every week then what is the point of getting them.

Id say just do away with them anyways. It's a whole new system, you might aswell change everything. I don't think they mean nothing like they use to back in the Mcbride area. Bo was starting to bring back that are but with this whole new system on offense and stuff it just seems like they should do their own thing.