Holes in the boat

husker-stv

It seems to be that each week we expose another hole in the boat - so to speak.

The 1st week, it was not so Special Teams.

The 2nd week, we plugged that hole, but got bit by ball security.

The 3rd week, we pugged that hole, but got bit by Special Teams again, and then dropped balls became an issue.

What will it be in the KU game? Can we get all of these weaknesses cleaned up?

agree stv. not to mention it seems like we are going back and forth b/t good first halfs and good second halfs but cant get both of em right the same day. do you think its a motivation prob after half like the broadcaster pointed out - not running onto the field? is ths on the coahces or players?

btw, who is this dangerous weapon at PR you speak of B? Groce graduated a couple yrs ago. since then we've had crap back there. guess Josh D was pretty good tho.

agree stv. not to mention it seems like we are going back and forth b/t good first halfs and good second halfs but cant get both of em right the same day. do you think its a motivation prob after half like the broadcaster pointed out - not running onto the field? is ths on the coahces or players?

btw, who is this dangerous weapon at PR you speak of B? Groce graduated a couple yrs ago. since then we've had crap back there. guess Josh D was pretty good tho.

I don't care who it is but we have got to find someone more dangerous then Panico. Some suggestions, Josh Bullocks, Brandon Jackson, Mccray was suppose to be great as a juco, Green, Grixby, Fabian if healthy.

I think callahan is starting to show how conservative he is because panico barely runs the ball on puts he just catches it and does nothin after that. maybe we should go with someone thats a lil more flashy granted it is a risk but what if it pays off

I agree. I just don't think our offense can consistently go 85 yards. We need a burner to go the distance or atleast make a couple people miss and pick up 15 extra yards. I think it's ridiculous.

No doubt - Special teams this year is, so far, a complete and total disaster. These type of problems don't just go away in a few weeks. Remember in 2001 (Rose Bowl year), our ST's were pretty terrible that year as well. Almost cost us the Notre Dame game. It will take the rest of this season to iron it out.

Maybe that's why Callahan is going very conservative - Panico calling for fair catches all the time. It's better than turning the ball over.

I think the special teams will be special against KU. We have a couple of weeks to get the right personal out there and maybe get a trick play or two in the returns or kicking game to catch them off guard.

As far as turnovers are concerned, We have to eliminate them completly. OU, Tech, Missouri, K-State will kill us if we continue with our pace. We HAVE to eliminate them if we are going to contend for a Big 12 North Title.