Trick Plays?

Syzygyone

On Unsportsmanlike Conduct, they were saying that this gimmick plays have given the perception that NU needs to pull out all the stops against a 2-9 team at home. It doesn't reflect well upon them.
This isn't directed at you, it's to the tools on most sports talk radio shows.

blah, blah, blah, blah. It should be painfully obvious by now that coaches could give two sh#ts about what talking heads on the radio say. It should also be painfully obvious that a communications degree doesn't mean you know jack about football, or anything for that matter. Are these also the same guys that said "Norvell is a done deal to ISU" or the same about Blake? If not, they are no doubt similar.

Special's don't equate to "pulling out all the stops". Well, unless you are a toolbag. Then they might.

Eh, I disagree with Unsportsmanlike Conduct. I think we used those plays to really get in the heads of both the players and coaches of CU. (Remember last year when we ran the hurry up offense and the option against CU?) Cally was fooking with Barnett.

They were, for the better part of the second half, the laughing stock of College Football on 24 November 2006.

Hell, if my 80 yr old Nebraska Native grandmother who lives in Colorado got a kick out of them, I am sure a majority of the nation was equally impressed.

The way I see it is that NU didn't even have to win to go to the champ game. Things were getting a little 'tight' so Cally just decided to let the team have fun and relax - enjoy the game. After that, we started letting loose. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, despite what most of us fans think. Plus, potential recruits. They see how much our guys enjoy playing the game and seeing the fans go crazy. I hope he's got a bunch more 'trick' plays. I can't wait to see what else he can come up with.

I agree.........and people are saying he should have saved some of those plays for Saturday, but I have a feeling he has a lot more plays up his sleeves.......

I agree, something that I think Callahan has up his sleeve is another walk away play but instead of just a run to one side, maybe a throw back pass to Taylor who is uncovered on the other side. Just an idea. Who knows though.

The way I see it is that NU didn't even have to win to go to the champ game. Things were getting a little 'tight' so Cally just decided to let the team have fun and relax - enjoy the game. After that, we started letting loose. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun, despite what most of us fans think. Plus, potential recruits. They see how much our guys enjoy playing the game and seeing the fans go crazy. I hope he's got a bunch more 'trick' plays. I can't wait to see what else he can come up with.

I agree.........and people are saying he should have saved some of those plays for Saturday, but I have a feeling he has a lot more plays up his sleeves.......

I agree, something that I think Callahan has up his sleeve is another walk away play but instead of just a run to one side, maybe a throw back pass to Taylor who is uncovered on the other side. Just an idea. Who knows though.

OOOOOOOOO.........Me likey :) Nice :thumbs

I agree with what you are saying.

On the Coach Callahan show last night, he said they cleared that "walk away" play with the head official before the game. I guess the staff had a slight concern that there would be a problem with the ethics of such deception. He said the head official for the game contacted the head official for the Big 12 to make sure it was OK. Rock on,

the only person who wasn't consulted was hawkins. i'm sure that was just an oversight.