My gameday experience

sadly, I didn't get to participate in any tailgating. We got their too late as my dad got off work late.

However, it was still a lot of fun (although booze would have been wonderful)

First off, sorry to all Husker fans that had to sit in that traffic on I-70. It sucked. I'm sure many of you got to the game late. There was a "secret" back way (which I'm glad we took), but you would only know it if you live in KC. I totally forgot to mention it to everyone here...it would honestly have saved you 45min. or more in that traffic.

It was cold. I wore 3 shirts, long insulated underwear, jeans, three socks, a jacket, hand and toe warmers and was still cold. Luckily it wasn't as windy as it could have been.

My family (two of them had their first Husker game experience) loved the game. Despite the loss, they were really excited to walk in with all the Husker fans, take picture with people, yell the chants, etc.

Taylor was off most of the game it seemed. He had a few great passes, but I don't know what was going on with him. He just wasn't clicking and maybe the first possession of the game threw him off (what was with that anyway....it threw us for a loop how quickly OU came in and score...totally unlucky for us).

Defense did great against the run, which surprised me. I thought going into the game that was going to be the big problem. Instead it was of course our CBs and offensive plays. As it got later and later in the game it seemed like Taylor was just throwing stuff up there without thinking, hoping for a big play (which really never came). Those interceptions (particularly the one the threw RIGHT to the OU player) were ridiculous. Of course, again our offensive line just couldn't seem to hold OU. Taylor seemed to be constantly under pressure. Maybe credit goes to OU's CB's for not letting our receivers get open.

We had GREAT field position for most of the game but never could seem to capitalize on it. I just don't understand. So close, but yet so far. Which is weird since we were ranked going into the game pretty high as far as completing our red zone possessions.

I was REALLY upset to see Brandon carted off in the third quarter. I hope things are okay with him and he's ready to play in the bowl game. He had some big plays today and you can just see how hard he fights during each run. He's going to be a big player for us next year.

I don't think OU totally out played us. It was extremely even for quite awhile and I think they just were able to string together some big long plays that gave them touchdowns (and lucked out with that first one). I STILL wanna believe that touchdown catch was out of bounds. Of course, I still have yet to see a replay as they wouldn't show it to us on the replay board at Arrowhead.

Anyway, I had a fun time still. I may be in a pissy mood about it all, but tomorrow I'll realize how much fun I had. Let's kick ass in our bowl game!!

GO BIG RED!!

It's great to hear about your experience at the game, wished I could have went. Win or lose it would have been awesome to see and experience the Big XII Championship. Kudo's to all of the fans that went and supported OUR Husker's. As long as I have RED blood in my viens I WILL ALWAYS BE A HUSKER!!!!

Congratulations to OU.

GO BIG RED!!!

:restore

When you wake up in the morning you'll still be a

HUSKER

and that's

all that'll matter. :woo

:yeah

GBR

IDK how loud it was but on TV it sounded really loud. It was ausome to hear the go big red. It really got to me even though we lost we are still husker fans and always will be.

It was loud on the Husker side, but not nearly as loud as it gets in memorial stadium. Then again I was up in the upper section...so I could have missed how loud it was down lower, towards the field.

We did the chants throughout the game, especially during timeouts and stuff....and I screamed me lungs out when the Blackshirts where motioning for us to. The only thing I was disappointed at is we tried to get the stadium to do Husker Power, but with the mix of OU fans it just wasn't happening.

Problem is at the beginning of the game OU didn't have the ball for very long, so it took me awhile to lose my voice. But right now I sound like a 65 year old smoker.

GBR!

i was fortunate to sit in the OU section...thanks to ticketmaster andnot really showing which side was the "good" side... i'm pretty disapointed in the class of the OU fans... I wished many of them luck and they just treated me like crap, most didn't have anything nice to say... I had more fun before the game than during the game, I was around some pretty big jerks. I almost got into it with a dude cause he was mocking my taylor jersey ( whatya think about yer boy now boy? I'm 22 years old, i wouldn't consider myself a boy...) Overall the experiance was pretty good, but i've lost a lot of respect for the OU fans

i was fortunate to sit in the OU section...thanks to ticketmaster andnot really showing which side was the "good" side... i'm pretty disapointed in the class of the OU fans... I wished many of them luck and they just treated me like crap, most didn't have anything nice to say... I had more fun before the game than during the game, I was around some pretty big jerks. I almost got into it with a dude cause he was mocking my taylor jersey ( whatya think about yer boy now boy? I'm 22 years old, i wouldn't consider myself a boy...) Overall the experiance was pretty good, but i've lost a lot of respect for the OU fans

EXACTLY MY EXPERIENCE! SOME DUDE WHO WAS 20 YEARS OLDER THAN ME WANTED TO FIGHT ME!!!!

EXACTLY MY EXPERIENCE! SOME DUDE WHO WAS 20 YEARS OLDER THAN ME WANTED TO FIGHT ME!!!!

I just laugh at morons like that because it tends to make them more mad.............I had pretty good OU fans around me except for a 10 year old kid behind me that about got oklahoma trailer bi&ch smacked!!!!