Why Aren't You Guys Recruiting This Kid?

Well I'm not quite sure, but I will tell you he is nowhere on the recruiting board on any of the services although I understand that stuff may not matter, but right now we have a commitment from the #4 linebacker in the nation, Dillard from Oklahoma and also on tied with USC for the Number 1 backer in the country Rey Maulauga. He is from SO Cal, so it might be tough, but he knows he'll get playing time.

but right now we have a commitment from the #4 linebacker in the nation, Dillard from Oklahoma and also on tied with USC for the Number 1 backer in the country Rey Maulauga. He is from SO Cal, so it might be tough, but he knows he'll get playing time.

About the only reason I could think of deliveryman

With Dillard and Covey already giving us a solid verbal plus still having a chance to get that kid from So Cal. I don't know if getting another linebacker commitment would be wise. We need to make sure that Dillard and if we get that kid for So Cal, that they believe that they can come in here and get solid playing time right away. We don't want to give them a reason to think other wise.

Or maybe it has nothing to do w/ Callahan. Seeing as Kevin Cosgrove is the defensive coordinator, he probably decides who he wants to play his defense. He could feel that the kid isn't right for his D.

I doubt cosgrove has alot to do with it. PRobably is more of Downing the recruiting cordinator but mainly Callahan who makes the final decisions. Cosgrove and other coaches can give their input but Callahan is final decision.

There's no politics in not offering Gritton. While Brent is one helluva heady player ande he has superb instincts for the game and you will not find anyone that tries harder than he does, he still doesn't have the explosiveness that NU is looking for. His side-to-side speed just isn't that good.

If he was two-tenths faster, the kid would be an All-American, but he's not and speed kills and not having it kills you.

That's the only downside to Gritton, but it's a pretty significant downside.

There's no politics in not offering Gritton. While Brent is one helluva heady player ande he has superb instincts for the game and you will not find anyone that tries harder than he does, he still doesn't have the explosiveness that NU is looking for. His side-to-side speed just isn't that good.

If he was two-tenths faster, the kid would be an All-American, but he's not and speed kills and not having it kills you.

That's the only downside to Gritton, but it's a pretty significant downside.

He runs a 4.67, I dunno there are alot of pretty decent schools after him.