Remember Dec 7, 1941

65 years ago today Japan attacked Pearl Harbor. Remember those who were lost, the survivors and their families.

I also heard this was going to be the last official survivor get together today. Every 5 years the survivors would get together at Pearl Harbor. They agreed this would be the last meeting as many of the survivors are now well into their 80's and 90's.

usa1.gifusa1.gif

anyone ever been to the USS Arizona Memorial? Its an eerie place. you can see oil in the water still. You can hear noises from below. its very sad, but you still feel an aura of pride.

If you think about it, if that day doesnt happen, it probably would have delayed our entry into World War II, thus dramatically altering the events that followed. Germany could have fortified Western Europe, and maybe even defeated the Soviets, who knows.

anyone ever been to the USS Arizona Memorial? Its an eerie place. you can see oil in the water still. You can hear noises from below. its very sad, but you still feel an aura of pride.

If you think about it, if that day doesnt happen, it probably would have delayed our entry into World War II, thus dramatically altering the events that followed. Germany could have fortified Western Europe, and maybe even defeated the Soviets, who knows.

Yeah, I have been there. There is a slow trickle of oil rising to the surface. You can see the slick. The men are still entombed in the ship. A very sobering experience being there, but very memorable. I think the names of everyone lost are on the wall of the memorial.