There's a difference between people who are homophobic and people who just don't approve of homosexuality. A homophobic person is one who has an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals. You can disapprove of homosexuality without being homophobic.

But getting back to the AIDS subject at hand, I saw a program on the Discovery Channel a couple of weeks ago, and they said it has been discovered that many people have a natural immunity to the HIV virus. It has something to do with the T cells being able to protect themselves. So hopefully a cure is right around the corner. If not a cure, perhaps with more advanced medications, people will be able to live much longer lives even though they are infected.

I am not a homophobe at all. I find it pretty gross and all ,(most heteros do) but would never and have never treated anyone differently because of it. I have given money towards research in the past. I feel for you and your wifes loss. Because of his sexual preference , doesnt make him any less of a compassionate human being. I only wish some of the "religious right" would see that these people have a ton more compassion than they do.

That's pretty much my stance, odd to look at, but they deserve the rights as everyone else. They deserve to be married and accepted under law.

So that's the kind of videos you watch...

i am not a homophobe and i think that what ever 2 consenting adults do in private is their business.

but i have to admit when i started to read this thread the line from "Stripes" popped right in to my head.

everyone that has seen the movie knows what i am talking about. Francis is talking and says "Now if any of you Homo's out there touch me..........I'll kill you"

AIDS is a terrible disease that is commonly known as a "Gay" disease even though it is spreading through the drug/prostitution commnities faster then the gay community

:yeah

My best friend was a cop and got AIDS, it happened chasing an addict/dealer who apparently had AIDS, they both had to open wounds and that is how it was transferred. He died a few months later from it. It was a pretty big shock.

Very Sorry to hear that.

Hard to believe He could die so soon after innitial exposure..

Any links?.. (not morbid, just can never feel too informed. This sounds like a new strain.

Was there an autopsy?

There's a difference between people who are homophobic and people who just don't approve of homosexuality. A homophobic person is one who has an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals. You can disapprove of homosexuality without being homophobic.

But getting back to the AIDS subject at hand, I saw a program on the Discovery Channel a couple of weeks ago, and they said it has been discovered that many people have a natural immunity to the HIV virus. It has something to do with the T cells being able to protect themselves. So hopefully a cure is right around the corner. If not a cure, perhaps with more advanced medications, people will be able to live much longer lives even though they are infected.

Who am I to appproooove of aaaannything?

They just creep me out.

Just as bad as Killer Bees!

links on my friend? not that i know of. I don't think they performed an autopsy.

They found out the "criminal" had AIDS while reading over blood results and had everyone who was involved with him that night, and my friend was the only one who was really physically involved, so they tested him and revealed that he had it. after about 3 months, he was hospitalized from it, then about 2 months after died.

:yeah

Coming from a Catholic and Republican family, it was something that was never discussed. I never fully understood what 'being gay' meant until I was at least in middle school (asides from being happy)... I've never known a gay person until earlier this year when we hired a man who is homosexual (he's not really some that discusses it, but he talks with a lisp, and has mentioned his boyfriend). As his direct supervisor, I have to look past that and treat him as I would any other cashier; in a professional manor. I think because of that, it has allowed me to view him without judgment, but that lifestyle is something that I fully do not endorse, nor approve. So I guess I am not homophobic, because I do not fear him, nor act in a judgmental/unprofessional manor towards him. And I know that he doesn't want to discuss his personal life (relations) as much as the next heterosexual person.

As for those of you have lost family and friends to AIDS, my condolences go out to you. Although I've never known someone with AIDS, I know what it is like to loose someone close to you.