I'm the 1st to admit I am still a little Homophobic, but after my Wife lost her Father to AIDS, I do try to be a better Husker.

Bristol-Myers Squibb, the pharmaceutical monolith that charges nearly $1,000 for a 30 day supply of one of its HIV/AIDS medications, is donating $1 to the National AIDS Fund for each person who simply visits their website and "virtually lights a candle."

They set a ceiling of $100k, and the number of candles already lit far exceede that, but maybe we can show them a more better $number to strive for.

Please, please take 20 seconds to "light a candle":

www.lighttounite.org

I am not a homophobe at all. I find it pretty gross and all ,(most heteros do) but would never and have never treated anyone differently because of it. I have given money towards research in the past. I feel for you and your wifes loss. Because of his sexual preference , doesnt make him any less of a compassionate human being. I only wish some of the "religious right" would see that these people have a ton more compassion than they do.

I am not a homophobe at all. I find it pretty gross and all ,(most heteros do) but would never and have never treated anyone differently because of it. I have given money towards research in the past. I feel for you and your wifes loss. Because of his sexual preference , doesnt make him any less of a compassionate human being. I only wish some of the "religious right" would see that these people have a ton more compassion than they do.

my best friend died from AIDS but he wasnt a homosexual. I'm a big supporter of it. I've gone to that site several times, I used to have a myspace group for it but i had to delete my old myspace which deleted the group. :(

I seriously believe it is a biological occurance in most cases. One of my neighbors growing up always wanted to be Wonder Woman for Halloween. All the other boys wanted to be sports stars or manly super heros. This kid wanted to be Wonder Woman at 5 or 6 years old! From what I heard later in life is that he is now a female :lol: imperonator on South Beach.

im a homophobe.

its nothing to be ashamed of, its just natural.

Wow. uh, ok?

Hey..For some of us, it IS "natural".

My Parents drilled into me to believe everybody's equal, and for the most part I have (Except for White Supremecists and innitially..the Gay community..but I'm trying to make strides in the Gay area).

I never met my Father-in-Law, but the reprecussions of his death had to have been monumental to his survivors..His Son was a "troubled" Jr. in High School at the time..but turned his life around to where he teaches literature in Philidelphia...My Wife was a So. at OSU and may have rushed into a couple of Marriages/Divorces trying to cope..She's really great now, and Teaches Grade School..Just sometimes the pain returns and I wish there was more I could do, ...besides occaisionally root for the Buckeyes.

At the time, they had to pretend he died of Cancer..Aids was so unknown at the time, and no one was totally sure how it was transmitted..My Mother-in-Law was a High School Teacher and was very worried She might be affected or could pass it on through casual contact...Then there was the shame to hide from the rest of the Family.

I feel for those with Aids, and especially the ones they love.

i am not a homophobe and i think that what ever 2 consenting adults do in private is their business.

but i have to admit when i started to read this thread the line from "Stripes" popped right in to my head.

everyone that has seen the movie knows what i am talking about. Francis is talking and says "Now if any of you Homo's out there touch me..........I'll kill you"

AIDS is a terrible disease that is commonly known as a "Gay" disease even though it is spreading through the drug/prostitution commnities faster then the gay community

I was watching a show on Discovery last year. It was about how the brains of Homosexual(in this case sex change patients) had never been studied until recently. due to the deaths of a few that had the operation.

They found that their (male sex change patients) brains where exactly, or very close structure wise, to female brains. :hmmph

Just a thought about the biological side.

That's pretty much my stance, odd to look at, but they deserve the rights as everyone else. They deserve to be married and accepted under law.

I was watching a show on Discovery last year. It was about how the brains of Homosexual(in this case sex change patients) had never been studied until recently. due to the deaths of a few that had the operation.

They found that their (male sex change patients) brains where exactly, or very close structure wise, to female brains. :hmmph

Just a thought about the biological side.

I guess discoveries like this help (me) along with overcoming (my) prejudice..

Lately, I'm under the impression that it (gayness) occurs as a result of a combination of factors.

1st you have a chromosome that doesn't fit the "norm" resulting in people that you swear were "meant" to be gay..(Gaydar alarms going off whenever you're within 100' of the person..Like Cristopher Lowell or Richard Simmons).

Then you also have to have that same person raised by a "cold" parent (usually the same sex, but not able to nurture for some reason..My Dad was sorta like that at times).

I may be totally wrong and am sure to show my ignorance, but it's just a theory.

The main thing is it shouldn't matter if "they" have "our" acceptance or even how a person gets a disease of any kind..We should all just concentrate on finding a cure, and help others cope.

i am not a homophobe and i think that what ever 2 consenting adults do in private is their business.

but i have to admit when i started to read this thread the line from "Stripes" popped right in to my head.

everyone that has seen the movie knows what i am talking about. Francis is talking and says "Now if any of you Homo's out there touch me..........I'll kill you"

AIDS is a terrible disease that is commonly known as a "Gay" disease even though it is spreading through the drug/prostitution commnities faster then the gay community

:yeah

My best friend was a cop and got AIDS, it happened chasing an addict/dealer who apparently had AIDS, they both had to open wounds and that is how it was transferred. He died a few months later from it. It was a pretty big shock.