Special Teams

huskerguy

Who else misses the days of blocking punts and taking them to the house or Dejaun Groce taking a punt 70 yards for a TD? I think we need major changes with our Special Teams, in the last 3 years they have been non-existant. Whether its players or coaches I would love to see this get more attention, right now we cant even catch punts right :hmmph

Making big plays on special teams is game changing. I think with blocking FGs and PATs has been very good the past 2 years....It helped us win vs. A&M this year and I can remember the Pitt game last year.

The punt returning has been down a bit since Groce, but as long as the offense can drive and score I guess I am happy. There are not too many teams that consistently run back punts game after game or season after season except for V-Tech.

Didn't we finish like in the top ten in punt returns last year with Nunn and Grixby. I do agree that I miss the punt blocking. Barron Miles was my ideal growing up. The way that he could line up anywhere along the punt block team and become a threat to block it. I remember he took a punt off of the Okie State's punter's foot. It was awesome.