***Instant Classic--You Tube - "Kirk Herbstreit is a whining little girl"

You know prior to this yr I always thought "herby" was one of "the decent guys" on the trainwreck that is espn. But after someone caught him dropping Nebraska out of the top 25 on a bye week (around 21 previous wk) w/out legit justification, simply to "downgrade USCs" power points and propel Michigan into the title game -- and now his panic attack the other night -- I would agree he is a joke and fits in perfectly on that garbage network. Trev Alberts is looking smarter and smarter every day.

Yeah I agree, being from Ohio and herby being a buckeye I have always kinda liked him but to watch him whine like a little girl was pathetic. He acts like the football played before 2000 cant compare to the teams nowadays. I agree the USC team was good and the 05 Texas team was good but c'mon lets be honest, without vince young texas wouldnt of won and USC's defense wasnt that great last year to contain him. Anyways, herbys a punk and i dont understand how he went from all about nebraska after the alamo bowl to hating them now. I think Mark May has brain washed him.

I'm not sure why people strive for acceptance from some guy on a TV show?

I dont strive for his acceptance, far from it. But when a man fails to do proper research for segments and rip on an entire program, and to some extent, an entire conference, I merely question his professional integrity. He thinks the '86 Penn State team is better than '71 Nebraska because supposedly the Huskers never passed? Nebraska averaged 180 yards a game through the air that year, good for #1 in the Big 8. The closest game that team played was the Game of the Century, which they followed up by destroying #2 Alabama 38-6. And these are just a few examples of his lack of research or knowledge, depending on how you look at it. The truth is, I dont want acceptance from this guy, the more innacurate and biased he is, the worse it makes ESPN look, which is fine by me.

I dont strive for his acceptance, far from it. But when a man fails to do proper research for segments and rip on an entire program, and to some extent, an entire conference, I merely question his professional integrity. He thinks the '86 Penn State team is better than '71 Nebraska because supposedly the Huskers never passed? Nebraska averaged 180 yards a game through the air that year, good for #1 in the Big 8. The closest game that team played was the Game of the Century, which they followed up by destroying #2 Alabama 38-6. And these are just a few examples of his lack of research or knowledge, depending on how you look at it. The truth is, I dont want acceptance from this guy, the more innacurate and biased he is, the worse it makes ESPN look, which is fine by me.

Everything you say is right, but the fact is they don't hire these guys because they know every stat and are totally neutral in their mindset. They are hired state their opinion which in a sense, means they get paid to stir the pot. It's pretty lame if you ask me, but he must like it.

Everything you say is right, but the fact is they don't hire these guys because they know every stat and are totally neutral in their mindset. They are hired state their opinion which in a sense, means they get paid to stir the pot. It's pretty lame if you ask me, but he must like it.

You make a good point, its not his job to know obscure stats like that, but there is a difference between stirring the pot (which is the point of any show involving "experts" and thier "analysis") and showing almost outright contempt because one team's fans decided to come out and support their program by voting. When he was forced to choose between the '95 and '71 teams, he picked '95 because "I like this logo better, the red N", and you could see in his face what amounted to disgust. I dont ask that these guys know everything, nor do I want them to sit and bring nothing controversial to the table. I'm all in favor of rational dialogue about college football, but when a guy piss and moans about something for five minutes, and all of it is directed at one program, it passes the line of appropriate. I almost couldnt watch the whole thing, I was so irate. So much for rational dialogue.

Will some one kick herbstreit in the :nutz . America voted and AMERICA thought 95 Nebraska was the best team. Nebraska's population is very low compared to the teams we beat, he should have done some research before he started stating wrong things. I guess we ran the ball 100% of the time according to him. I loved what Corso said "Get over it" . That was hillarious he had to tell the baby to stop crying on national tv.