Biggest flop in Husker history?

HuskerBob

Dion Booker was supposed to be another version of his brother, and never really amounted to anything. Another one recently was Donald DeFrand. He came in very highly touted, and we haven't seen him at all.

The biggest in my mind was DeAngelo though. He could have been the next Barry Sanders, but injuries and selfish ego gave it all away.

Dion Booker was supposed to be another version of his brother, and never really amounted to anything. Another one recently was Donald DeFrand. He came in very highly touted, and we haven't seen him at all.

The biggest in my mind was DeAngelo though. He could have been the next Barry Sanders, but injuries and selfish ego gave it all away.

Id say dion booker did alright. He wasn't his brother but he was pretty good I thought.

I would say that J.P. Phillips was the biggest bust. He didn't even suit up one game and he was suppose to be one of our biggest recruits in years. He had a few injuries right out of high school and then he got caught with drugs and Solich kicked him off the team a week before the first game of the year. He was suppose to make an impact on Special Teams that year while seeing the filed sparingly. He would of been great if not for the drugs. Poor Guy.

How can you say that Mickey Joseph was the biggest bust. He led us to a 10-2 record the only year that he got to start. He played great in the game that Mike Grant got cheap shotted against OU and he came in and lead us to victory. He was a great play maker but sat behind another good quarterback in Mike Grant. If you are going to rate him on the fact that he didn't start then you would probally rate Brook Berringer up there as well. But even I know that Brook was one hell of a QB and couldn't of started a ton of other places across the country.

Some of my biggest flops actually played quite a bit, and I'm sure I will get blasted for listing them. However, these guys were just terrible in my opinion.

1. Broderick Thomas - Other than having a big mouth and falling on the pile after

the tackle was made, he would have never even been

heard from. He was mediocre at best.

2. Terry Rogers - Granted, he did get hurt. However, I don't think he lived up to

his hype. I realize it is difficult for a son of a Nebraska Great to

ever get out of the shadow, but he didn't even come close.

3. Scott Baldwin - He was a mental case from day one, and he never was a very

good tailback.

4. Doug Deboise - I think that's how you spell his name. I remember hearing all

these great things about him, but he never played. I think he

may have been injured, but I think most of his problems came

from steroid use. It was always rumored that is why he never

played.

5. Mike Grant - In my opinion, he was the worst quarterback to ever wear the red

and white. He couldn't pass, he couldn't run the option, he was

just bad.

Some of my biggest flops actually played quite a bit, and I'm sure I will get blasted for listing them. However, these guys were just terrible in my opinion.

1. Broderick Thomas - Other than having a big mouth and falling on the pile after

2. Terry Rogers - Granted, he did get hurt. However, I don't think he lived up to

good tailback.

played.

5. Mike Grant - In my opinion, he was the worst quarterback to ever wear the red

just bad.

I don't think that Mike Grant was the worst quarterback. I think that Lord would have to be one of the worst. He may of had a bunch of yards but he was a horrible passer and never pitched the ball.

good tailback.

played.

just bad.

I don't think that Mike Grant was the worst quarterback. I think that Lord would have to be one of the worst. He may of had a bunch of yards but he was a horrible passer and never pitched the ball.