60 Minutes

dustinl15

I'm more interested in knowing why 60min. was talking to Larry the Cable Guy :blink:

I would like to know this as well. And what is the link with Husker football???

Larry the Cable Guy is a HUGE Husker Fan!

Uh, well, what's the address of the rock you've been living under. <_<

Apparently he is the highest grossing comic of all time. Plays the silly hick to sold out AUDITORIUMS all across the country. Has made two of the all time high grossing television movies for Comedy Central. He owns a farm in Nebraska and to say that he is a HUGE Husker fan is a gross understatement. I've never seen him when some article of clothing does not have the N of knowledge boldly displayed. As they showed on the 60 Minute show, he bought a LARGE box in the new North development. Apparently he has a big tradition of throwing Touchdown Hot Dogs to fans. My guess is that he has also contributed mega dollars to Husker athletics. :clap

I don't know that his depiction of hicks does the state any good, but then I've never much cared for what anyone else thinks about Nebraska as a state. BUt any fan of the Husker is a friend of mine, in some way, and I tolerate his hick humor (some of which is really funny though) because of his unabashed support for the Huskers.

haha, I just meant why was 60 minutes doing a show on him? I know who the guy is....I just find it strange the show that does "Revisiting The Horrors Of The Holocaust" and "Gen. Abizaid On Stabilizing Iraq" is doing a special on Larry the Cable Guy.

that's all :)

Oh, I'm very sorry I misread you intent. That one's on me. :thumbs

And you're right, it was a wierd placement on that show.

:corndance

It does produce a nice segue to Andy Rooney. I can hear him now:

“I don’t like touch-down hot-dogs, never have. In my day food was too precious to be bandied about in a celebratory manner at a sporting match. If someone tried to hand me a weenie because a numbered hooligan in a padded get-up crossed a goal-line, I’d remind him that during the depression, if he was lucky enough to have an extra frankfurter, he’d bury it under a sour-apple tree until winter.

I don’t like touch-downs period; utter nonsense if you ask me. When I played we couldn’t afford pads, pig-skins, or end-zones. We played the game as it was meant to be played. Two teams would line up across from one another and bash each other about the head and neck until one team was dead. Scoring is something for this younger generation, with their pocket-calculators, rock-candy, and i-pods.

I like the way the Red Dye #5 leaches from my Fairbury Frank and turns the bun into a doughy goop. I’m not sure why. Maybe it's easier to eat.

“Get it done” indeed, Mr. Lawrence Radio or whatever your name is. Like Charlie Chaplin told me during an interview aboard the U.S.S. Missouri, comedy is a fickle business. The wiener you might want to hang on to, might just be your own...no wait how did that go? A weenie in the hand is worth two...(Inaudible muttering)."

Wow, what is it with older people and unnecessary hyphens?

haha, I just meant why was 60 minutes doing a show on him? I know who the guy is....I just find it strange the show that does "Revisiting The Horrors Of The Holocaust" and "Gen. Abizaid On Stabilizing Iraq" is doing a special on Larry the Cable Guy.

that's all :)

I'm still baffled. Usually they are uncovering dirt on someone (real or imagined) and then making a story out of it. Do you mean to tell me this was a feel-good story! :huh:

I don't know that his depiction of hicks does the state any good, but then I've never much cared for what anyone else thinks about Nebraska as a state. BUt any fan of the Husker is a friend of mine, in some way, and I tolerate his hick humor (some of which is really funny though) because of his unabashed support for the Huskers.

Having lived in the southeast the last several years, I'll tell you that most of the southerners, especially the rednecks, have no idea he's from Nebraska (maybe they are starting to catch on). In fact, most of them seem to believe he is from the South and don't know what to say when I tell them he's from Nebraska, but they still love him. I was fortunate enough to have seen his show while he was touring the south and it was excellent. Seated all around me were the epitomes of rednecks--just added so much to the show.