The trophy and the Non-presentation

Well, I guess the trophy is what it is. It certainly does not reflect the magnitude of a national victory, in ANY sport. But, at least is says National Champions. It isn't even Mythical National Champions and that's what counts.

My big question, though is this. What's with the pathetic lack of trophy presentation. As I watched, thrilled for the Huskers, amidst all the immediate post game hysteria, some unidentified woman just reaches over to the NU coach and just handed him the trophy.

What's with the NCAA. Isn't Women's Volleyball worthy of an actual NCAA rep making a formal presentation? What's wrong with expressing congratulations to a National Championship effort? Maybe that's too much to ask for, but when a team manages to break records for game attendance, outpacing much bigger venues and West coast publicity, you'd think the NCAA would get a clue that they are on to something here and maybe even act like the sport was important. :sarcasm

:rant

Yeah, I saw that. The lady just handed it to him and left as fast as she could. It looked hoky standing next to the big 12 champ trophy during the ceremony on sunday. I don't think the players care much, but the NCAA could make them look at least a little fancier than the the high school trophies in Nebraska.

With that being said, congrats to the girls and coaches, and i hope they get some kick ass huge championship rings.

Yeah, I saw that. The lady just handed it to him and left as fast as she could. It looked hoky standing next to the big 12 champ trophy during the ceremony on sunday. I don't think the players care much, but the NCAA could make them look at least a little fancier than the the high school trophies in Nebraska.

With that being said, congrats to the girls and coaches, and i hope they get some kick ass huge championship rings.

I saw that they got Watches.......

I hope they were ROLEX :corndance

WATCHES!!!!! That's retarded!!!! They need some kick a$$ rings!!!!

WATCHES!!!!! That's retarded!!!! They need some kick a$$ rings!!!!

They have their watches synchronized to kick arse