Girl's Volleyball vs. Girl's Basketball

choosing between the two, i'd prefer to watch v-ball... but that has nothing to do with sports :)

from a sports standpoint, i like bball b/c that's what i played. V ball is somewhat foreign to me, and i look at it the same way as soccer: any game you can't grab onto the ball sucks.

comparing women's bball to the men, the nice thing about the women's game is the emphasis on team play and fundamentals. The execution isn't always as high, but in some ways it's a lot more pure than the men's game. Especially at the pro level.

Volleyball for sure! I think it is more entertaining to us because we don't get to watch a lot of men's volleyball around here to compare the genders. We have men's and women's basketball and men's is definately more entertaining.

People want to see power and athleticism in sports and women's volleyball displays all this and the girls are stud athletes. I am willing to bet that most men would not want to get on the court and have Sarah Paven pounding kills at them, I know I wouldn't want to! Women's B-ball just doesn't have the athleticism and power that men's has. But when they do start to show some athleticism people do watch, i.e. the tennessee girl dunking. We don't have men's v-ball to see that often but I'm know that it is much more powerful than womens we just don't have the men here overshadowing the women.

BTW, I think Sarah Pavan and Jordan Larson would suit up in secondary, 6'5" and 6'2" instead of grixby and Jones at 5'9" and 6'. That would be intriguing....

what is nice about women's volleyball as compared to women's basketball is that in volleyball they tailor the game for the women, for example lowering the net which in turn allows the players to actually attack the ball. Unlike in women's basketball where the court is the same size the hoop is the same height, these factors limit the explosiveness of what women can do, like dunking. Sorry if this comes across sexist this is not my intention.

I prefer volleyball over basketball for women. I think the main reason is that I see the women's game - which used to emphasize the best aspects of basketball with passing, cutting, working for the open shot - evolving into the men's game of one-on-one. In addition, the women's game is starting to glorify that which I detest in men's basketball - the "hip-hop, street cred, gansta" mentality. It isn't as evident on the college game, but it's still happening.

What made the women's game unique and a pleasure to watch was the emphasis on fundamentals. That's starting to give way to the "NBA mentality".

college women's volleyball.....no question.

They wear tighter, shorter shorts........thats all there is to it.

But seriously,I love the passion and intensity they show on the court. But I've never really understood the whole "rotation" thing. One of my friends who's a girl tried explaining it to me but I just didnt follow....It was very confusing to me.

There's probably the same passion and intensity in women's basketball......but it's never on tv so I dont really get into it.

college women's volleyball.....no question.

They wear tighter, shorter shorts........thats all there is to it.

But seriously,I love the passion and intensity they show on the court. But I've never really understood the whole "rotation" thing. One of my friends who's a girl tried explaining it to me but I just didnt follow....It was very confusing to me.

There's probably the same passion and intensity in women's basketball......but it's never on tv so I dont really get into it.

:yeah