Hypothetical question for those who live in Nebraska.

There is only ONE school in Nebraska. THE University of Nebraska. Good luck trying to find a fan base.

Oh c'mon..........we are talking about Nebraska here. All you have to do is win and you got a fan base in this state. Go ask the 17000 people who wear blue at Creighton BlueJay basketball games and cross-over and put on their Husker shirts for football. This is a bandwagon state. Like I said, it only takes one time.

There is only ONE school in Nebraska. THE University of Nebraska. Good luck trying to find a fan base.

Oh c'mon..........we are talking about Nebraska here. All you have to do is win and you got a fan base in this state. Go ask the 17000 people who wear blue at Creighton BlueJay basketball games and cross-over and put on their Husker shirts for football. This is a bandwagon state. Like I said, it only takes one time.

:wacko::nanalama

Creighton's support stops roughly the western edge of Lincoln. Very few people actively support Creigton in western Nebraksa. What the Bluejays have are a small dedicated fan base in the state's largest city. I know of no one that has traveled three hours to watch Creighton, or for that matter, UNO play unless it was against UNK in football.

It has already been said, but Nebraska is too dedicated to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's sports teams (namely the football team) to support two universities. If UNO wants to go DI-AA then by all means, but that is all the higher they could afford to go otherwise they will be losing money again.

Don't think so. The powers that be were smart enough to realize all those years ago that its better to have one GREAT program in the state that grabs up the top instate recruits and competes on a national stage for other recruits rather than two mediocre or above average programs that are recruiting against each other for those same recruits each year... (see Kansas/Kansas State, Iowa/Iowa State etc.) I don't think we should go around changing that now.