Hit Hit Hit Hit Hit & Run

Irregular News for 12.22.06

St. Augustine, FL -- A one-woman demolition derby faces drunk driving and other charges after St. Augustine police said she crashed her way through the city's downtown Tuesday in her Ford Explorer.

Denise Rose Tavary, 36, hit five vehicles and injured one woman as she careened around the city's Bayfront after leaving a bar, police said. The collisions began about 2 p.m.

Crime iconStory icon More crime and public safety coverage

Story icon Crime Around You: An occasional series on Jacksonville's homicide rate

A 38-year-old Davie woman who complained of neck pain after she was hit while in her car was treated at a hospital and released.

Tavary was arrested after she stopped near the Plaza de la Constitucion.

After getting out of the SUV, Tavary told police she had only "one shot" of alcohol and that her prescription medicines "made me this way," according to a St. Augustine police report.

In her wake was $7,500 in damage to five other vehicles, police said.

Witnesses told officers they first saw Tavary's SUV run a stop sign and hit a truck on Avenida Menendez, then veer into a parking lot and plow into two other cars as it maneuvered back onto Avenida Menendez. Within a few hundred yards, Tavary rammed into the rear of two more cars before swinging the truck in a circle, heading east on Cathedral Place and stopping, police said.

Tavary was uninjured. Both front fenders, the front of her vehicle and a passenger door were smashed in the wrecks.

Tavary told police she had been at a downtown bar earlier. She refused to take a blood-alcohol test but was arrested for driving under the influence after failing roadside sobriety tests. Tavary also was charged with leaving the scene of an accident with injuries, leaving the scene of an accident with property damage and driving on a suspended license.

Tavary was in the St. Johns County jail Wednesday in lieu of $11,000 bail.

source

We had a huge fight the other night at work with a guy who was drunk as hell and I got injured in the brawl. You should have seen the look on his face when he realized what had happened and that an officer got injured. He also asked why his head hurt so bad!!!!!

Did ya kick him in the nuggets??? :nutz:corndance

No, but lets just say he had a dent in his forehead when I was done fighting with him..............He was a big f*&ker though!!!! About 6'4" 240lbs............I'm 5'8" 175lbs...............it was a good fight.

This reminds me of a Cops episode I once saw. A guy was driving up down a street and hit about six or seven of his neighbor's vehicles, mailboxs, and other things, while trying to find his house. One of his neighbors said that he drove by his own house three times, hit one of his other cars once and took out his own mailbox but still couldn't seem to find his driveway.