Trigger Happy

Irregular News for 12.22.06

Ft Myers, FL -- A security guard shot himself in the hand Wednesday after a deputy inquired about why the guard's gun was in its holster with the hammer cocked.

Paul Melendez was on the job at the La Mexicana supermarket on Ortiz Avenue when Deputy David Scozzafava stopped in.

The deputy asked why the gun was cocked and Melendez reportedly told him it was OK, because the safety was on.

Melendez, 36, then began to pull the gun from the holster, as Scozzafava repeatedly yelled "No!", trying to get the man to leave the weapon where it was.

As he removed the gun, it went off, hitting Melendez in the hand just below the little finger on his left hand.

Deputies say Melendez suffered a cut and burns to his hand and drove himself to the hospital for treatment.

source

Some people should never be given a firearm..................I was in the academy and the chick next to me was at low ready with her weapon and she pulled the trigger way before we were supposed to and shot the ground about 3 feet in front of her. I told her that if she did that again I was going to beat her a$$. We were pretty pissed about it..........

Back in the day we were at the firing range in the military. The instructor said make sure your firing selector is set for single fire. Sure enough a guy burnt off a 30 rd. clip needless to say we were all ducking oh it was an M-16 by the way luckily not a SAW.

Oh, but wait it gets better for this broad!!!! We had to qualify with our shotguns as every cop has to. We were told that we were going to fire two slugs from the 50 yard line and no more...............what's she do??? Empty's the shotgun down range!!!! This chick was dumber than a sack full of hammers!!! :bang