2007 Huskers...earlybird

Keller will be an upgrade...better size and arm strength

O-line....what can you say....Murtha, Slauson, and Co........I like this group..they are goin to be great

Recievers.....Purify leads a group that will be deep and loaded with speed and good size

RB's......with Jackson/Lucky we are stacked...good recruits comin in as well

D-line.....Barfield, Suh, Townsend Steinkuhler and Turner easily gives us the best in Big12 North...nasty

LB's......with Asante,Octavien, McKeon....look out...speed speed....Asante can play Small LB Safety deep group

Secondary......Asante, Murillo Bowman Grixby...and on and on.....speed and depth......

I look at this team and I see the major upgrades everywhere from 3 years ago...this looks like the kind of talent we had with Osborne....the D-line will be fine and the Juco players coming in look to be instant help

Huskers will have no trouble getting back to the Big12 title game with this group.......

if we can get off early with wins over Nevada and Wake we can go into the SC game looking for that BIG WIN

I can't wait

Talking about 2007 Huskers!!

Yes!!! someone else understands! USC should be #1 when they come in and we can beat them, but no to everyone on this friggin site sees a loss as the end of the world and fire everyone then cut all the guys from schlorships AAHHHHH some of husker nation needs to learn how to be good fans

This is the crap that makes me sick. "Good fans" can't badmouth Callahan. "Good fans" can't get angry when their team is the better team but are coached to a loss. "Good fans" have to be all cheery and happy with a 9-5 season.

Get off your high horse and accept the fact that some people will voice a disapproving opinion of something or someone in the Husker program.

You do realize that Carriker played his freshmen year and was a starter his sophmore year unit a cheap shot against I believe Pittsburgh on his ankle. Also it isn't like Moore is finally getting his shot this year, he started last year and go playing time as a sophmore, he just didn't play as much because Bernard Thomas was here... man no one probably thought we'd hear his name again on here.

Agree with most of what you said except for the front four. I think that will be the major question mark going into the season. Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's... Brandon Johnson was a bit recruit, hardly saw the field this year. I think Suh will be our best lineman and that will be big to have a dominate force in the middle. The emergence of Potter and Turner will be soemthing that will be something to watch in the spring.

Johnson got to campus late in fall practice. They originally were redshirting him then pulled him out. I couldn't find anything that said he was injured.

Andre Jones is also back and he did start to lay some big hits at the end of the season. He'll likely be starting over Grixby.

Agree with most of what you said except for the front four. I think that will be the major question mark going into the season. Barry Turner and Zach Potter are no Moore and Carriker and you never know about JUCO's... Brandon Johnson was a bit recruit, hardly saw the field this year. I think Suh will be our best lineman and that will be big to have a dominate force in the middle. The emergence of Potter and Turner will be soemthing that will be something to watch in the spring.

Johnson got to campus late in fall practice. They originally were redshirting him then pulled him out. I couldn't find anything that said he was injured.

Andre Jones is also back and he did start to lay some big hits at the end of the season. He'll likely be starting over Grixby.

I think some people are missing my point... I am not saying that they won't be good! All I am saying is that going into the year it will be a question mark. We are replacing 4 starters!!! I never said Johnson was injured and yes he did get onto the team late, but still never cracked into the rotation. Jones did play well, but without the Bowman injury I doubt he would have seen a ton of playing time, but we'll never know. I think the d-line could be great... but key word, could be... they have to prove themselves yet.

Keller will be an upgrade...better size and arm strength

O-line....what can you say....Murtha, Slauson, and Co........I like this group..they are goin to be great

lots of work to do, but potential to play well is there.....question marks

Recievers.....Purify leads a group that will be deep and loaded with speed and good size

look, we just did not have ANY stand out receiver play this season, period. how much of that was due to Taylor and the offensive line not playing as well as they could have? we'll see what Keller can do...

RB's......with Jackson/Lucky we are stacked...good recruits comin in as well

Jackson is the man, Lucky is just slightly better than average at this point, goes down too easy, IMHO.

D-line.....Barfield, Suh, Townsend Steinkuhler and Turner easily gives us the best in Big12 North...nasty

THIS is the big question mark.....not enough experience carrying over..question mark

LB's......with Asante,Octavien, McKeon....look out...speed speed....Asante can play Small LB Safety deep group

part of the transistion on defense......we'll see

Secondary......Asante, Murillo Bowman, Grixby...speed and depth

Grixby, are you kiddin me?? if he starts we will be no better than we were this season..the kid plays with heart, but he got his lunch handed to him all season..here we better hope like hell we get immediate help!

I look at this team and I see the major upgrades everywhere from 3 years ago...this looks like the kind of talent we had with Osborne....the D-line will be fine and the Juco players coming in look to be instant help

Huskers will have no trouble getting back to the Big12 title game with this group.......

if we can get off early with wins over Nevada and Wake we can go into the SC game looking for that BIG WIN

I can't wait

Keller and the running backs are our only true know quantities.....receivers average at best, the rest is yet to be proven.......reality check, lots of new guys are going to have to step up........

Keller and the running backs are our only true know quantities.....receivers average at best, the rest is yet to be proven.......reality check, lots of new guys are going to have to step up........

LB's will also be a strong returning position... only lose Bradley. McKeon, Ruud, Octavien, Brandenburgh all returing, plus Dillard back from injury.

LB's will also be a strong returning position... only lose Bradley. McKeon, Ruud, Octavien, Brandenburgh all returing, plus Dillard back from injury.

ok, must be losing my mind, i thought Ruud was a senior this year?

Yes!!! someone else understands! USC should be #1 when they come in and we can beat them, but no to everyone on this friggin site sees a loss as the end of the world and fire everyone then cut all the guys from schlorships AAHHHHH some of husker nation needs to learn how to be good fans

This is the crap that makes me sick. "Good fans" can't badmouth Callahan. "Good fans" can't get angry when their team is the better team but are coached to a loss. "Good fans" have to be all cheery and happy with a 9-5 season.

Get off your high horse and accept the fact that some people will voice a disapproving opinion of something or someone in the Husker program.

You are always dissapproving. Every loss of the season is a "fire the coach" loss. Give it up.

I think some people are missing my point... I am not saying that they won't be good! All I am saying is that going into the year it will be a question mark. We are replacing 4 starters!!! I never said Johnson was injured and yes he did get onto the team late, but still never cracked into the rotation. Jones did play well, but without the Bowman injury I doubt he would have seen a ton of playing time, but we'll never know. I think the d-line could be great... but key word, could be... they have to prove themselves yet.

Slow down there buckaroo!! You are jumping all over any one that responds to you. I didn't think you said anything about Johnson being injured. I was just putting that out there that injury didn't seem to factor into his lack of playing time.

Before Bowman was injured it was speculated that the starters were going to be Bowman and Jones. Yet we had to live with Grixby all season.

BTW, let me just add that I am totally pumped about our chances next year.

Don't forget that Dillard will be coming back as well. Hopefully he and Bowman are healthy.

We will have a TOUGH schedule, with eight bowl teams. If we can get out of the regular season with one loss, we'll be in the BCS picture.

To me, I need to see Suh and Turner become All-Big 12 performers, the WRs to step up (that includes you, Mo!) and the O-Line take the next step. Obviously, our LBs will be the strength of the defense, and I think Asante will be a monster for our secondary. I think one back (not sure who) will distance himself from the pack, and I think we will finally see this talent we've gathered in recruiting come forward.

Things are set up well for us to crash the national spotlight, but will BC hold us back?

My biggest fear is that our defense will have its strengths and weaknesses reversed from this year: good secondary and safety play, but bad run defense due to an inexperienced front four. Linebackers should be strong as per usual, though.

Suh is an animal, and I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Turner is very aggressive and knows how to get his hands up and disturb passing lanes even if he doesn't get penetration. Other than those two players, though, nobody else will have any significant experience carrying over to next season. More size and athleticism in the secondary will help turn things around for our pass defense, though.

Malcom Kelly won't be dominating any of our corners next year in the Big XII championship game.

Offense will be exciting with so many of the skill positions being filled with experienced, hype-worthy players. But for God's sake, somebody get us a kicker with some range.

I'm not ready to say we have Osbourn type talent yet. Callahan has recruited better than Osbourn on Paper but Osbourn and his staff developed talent better than anyone in the country.

When we get to the point where Stand out Blue Chippers are having to red shirt and sit a few years before seeing the field, that is when we have Osbourn type talent.