Romo over-rated

HANC

Okay, I will preface this by saying that I am a life-time (38 yrs) Steeler fan, thus making me a Cowboy hater.... but that really has nothing to do with my assesment.... I just spent last weekend at Texas Stadium watching the Cowboys get beat by the 2-14 Lions..... :)

Okay, my point is this...... Romo was the "feel-good" story at first.....Now, I kind of bought into the hype too... Romo was named to the Pro-Bowl....(not that the NFC has anyone else more deserving), but Romo only had started 5-6 games or so..... He then shows up with Carrie Underwood on his arm (can't balme him)

BUT, I am not sure that Romo has won a game since the Pro Bowl nomination, or the Carrie Underwood friendship.... His sats have totally sucked it up....

my theory....1st, the media put him in a tough spot by making him the media darling

2nd, and probably more the reason....... does anyone think that he may be over-rated... Now, he is going to be very good as he matures and gets experience.... but my feeling is that once the rest of the league was able to evealuate "enough" film (5-6 games), they were able to find Romo's weaknesses and exploit him..... kind of like a "rookie pitcher" in the MLB...good the 1st time through, but teams catch on..

Looking for other's opinion.

Okay, I will preface this by saying that I am a life-time (38 yrs) Steeler fan, thus making me a Cowboy hater.... but that really has nothing to do with my assesment.... I just spent last weekend at Texas Stadium watching the Cowboys get beat by the 2-14 Lions..... :)

Okay, my point is this...... Romo was the "feel-good" story at first.....Now, I kind of bought into the hype too... Romo was named to the Pro-Bowl....(not that the NFC has anyone else more deserving), but Romo only had started 5-6 games or so..... He then shows up with Carrie Underwood on his arm (can't balme him)

BUT, I am not sure that Romo has won a game since the Pro Bowl nomination, or the Carrie Underwood friendship.... His sats have totally sucked it up....

my theory....1st, the media put him in a tough spot by making him the media darling

2nd, and probably more the reason....... does anyone think that he may be over-rated... Now, he is going to be very good as he matures and gets experience.... but my feeling is that once the rest of the league was able to evealuate "enough" film (5-6 games), they were able to find Romo's weaknesses and exploit him..... kind of like a "rookie pitcher" in the MLB...good the 1st time through, but teams catch on..

Looking for other's opinion.

Whut up Hanc! I'm a Cowboys fan. I'm also a Bears fan. One down, one alive. I see what you're saying about Romo. I dont agree 100% but you do have some strong points. I sat back waiting to see how he would do from the beginning. I even posted after he beat Carolina with one of Parcell's comments about Marion Barber's first start last year when he said "Let's not put him in Canton just yet". Cracks me up. Anyway... Romo did bring the Cowboys back against Detroit with a TD pass to T.O. and then the Lions drove downfield with ease to put it away. The thiing is, yah the media fluffed up his success some in the beginning. He was going to have some let downs. But I also point to the Cowboys terrible defense the last 5 weeks of the season. It put too much pressure on the QB to keep fighting back. Not the ideal position you want your first time starting QB to be in week in and week out. Against the Seahawks, he brought them back and tanked the field goal snap. I see similarities in him that I see in a young Fahvre. The Cowboys stand behind him. We've seen the upside. And we've seen the growing pains. And the bottom line is the confidence he brings to the team and the legit QB to get to the Super Bowl eventually. The Cowboys have not had even a whiff of that since a few years before Aikman retired. Remember it was Bledsoe's team, Romo stepped in and won over the guys through his early success and completely turned it around. Next year it will be Romo's team along with some experience behind him and that should make a difference.

By the way - get Big Ben healthy next year. It just doesnt seem like a playoff with the Steelers not in it.

Peace-OUT!

Addison.......good points as far as the defense putting Romo in tough situations..... I do think that the Cowboys should and will stick by Romo, and I actually found myself feeling a little bad for the guy concerning the whole field goal blunder..( I probably just surrendered my Steeler for life membership with that comment)....

I just feel that he was/is a little "over-rated" at this point in his career.... but it was a nice mid-season story though...

I traveled to Dallas with a couple of Cowboy fans, who hate the huskers by the way (bastards)....we traded games...Cowboys and Huskers... we both lost :angry:

They did nothing but complain and argue about the Cowboys Defense the entire trip,so you are probably right on your assessment.

It was a rough football week at my household...1st NU losing , then Cowher resigning... I love this guy... The worst part, is that I know he will be back in coaching, and not with the STeelers.... it won't seem right seeing him on another side-line.... As a Steeler fan, I have only know 2 coaches in my life-time... Knoll and Cowher.

I would assume that Whisenhunt or Grimm (two assistants) will either one get the job. They have both been courted by many teams in the past couple of years...

Rumor today had Urban Meyer's name floating....but that is just natural after last night's game...no way he leaves Florida....