I spoke to

OKCHusker

I went to a sports bar in okc tonight with a few co-workers from around the country. I was sitting there and my co-worker from louisville says "tim, congratulations on the great year". Little did I know that he was talking to the AD from Louisville. Also, he didnt know that they had lost their head FB coach from the night before. After sitting there for a while and explaining to him (co-worker)that Bobby Petrino had left to go to the falcons....we were wondering why he was in okc (knowing that they had hired TU's coach Steve Kragthorpe, who is in Tulsa). So we are watching the game and its hits me that one of the guys that Tim is sitting with is in fact Steve Kragthorpe. So we walked up to Tim and Steve and introduced ourselves and said our congratulations and good luck for the 2007 season. Steve said he was excited about the opportunity and said he couldnt wait to get things started for next season. He also mentioned that his first goal was to try and get Brian Brohm and Michael Bush to stay this year. So this is the funny thing....we went back to our table (right next to theirs) and Steve walks outside the bar and I over heard Tim (the Louisville AD) say "Yeah, nobody knew who Bobby Petrino was 4 years ago and now everyone will know who Steve Krathorpe is in a few years". Anyway...I thought it was funny that we were sitting next to them tonight and thought I would share.

Tulsa was well coached from the games that I saw of them. Louisville got a good one.

They definitely did. Kragthorpe did a hell of a job with Tulsa! He's going to do even better at Louisville. Unfortunately for him, he's probably going to lose Michael Bush since he declared for the NFL

ya, it didnt take long for him to lose bush...whom he mentioned last night

I kind of see Brohm going to the pros. But that shouldn't hurt Lousiville all that much. They played will without Brohm and Bush for some games (Bush for all the games). The cupboard is not bare for the Cardinals that is for sure.

How many QB's are entering the draft? I'm wondering if his decision will be based on that or not?

To my knowledge, the first round quarterbacks would be Quinn, Russell, Brohm (if he goes), and Smith. There is quite a dropoff after those four guys so I look for teams to reach for them all in the first round or possibliy trying to trade up from lower rounds to the end of the first to make sure they get one of the four. IMO, Brohm would be the third quarterback taken behind Quinn and Russell, but a lot can change between now and the draft.