Big 12 North

THe Big 12 North seems to be wide open right now. No team has stood out as the team to beat and every team in the North is going to be a tough game for us.

Kansas State- Sproles got shut down again this year, this time by Texas A&M which has improved in leaps and bounds since their lost to Utah. They have a tough road ahead of them in the next month. THey play at Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Tech, then at Missouri. If they can not rebound from their last lost, then this could be a very difficult stretch. If they get through this stretch undefeated or with just one lose then they have a chance at the North.

Colorado is hard to read right now for me, I don't think that they have the athletes to win the North but they are a team that could win any game that they play. They play Oklahoma State next week and they end the season with Texas, at Kansas, K-State, at Nebraska. They will have a tough road but could shake up the standings.

Iowa State is still a year or two away but they could shock some team down the line.

Kansas- We just beat them which gives them two conference loses. I think that the North winner may have two conference losses which still leaves Kansas in the running, but they have a tough road ahead to stay in the race. They still must play K-State at home next weekend and then travel to Norman two weeks later. It doesn't give Kansas a great shot at the North considering Texas is still on the schedule in mid-Novemeber.

Missouri- in my opinion is the best of this bunch. They have a great quarterback and pretty good defense. They play Baylor next week in which they shouldn't have any problem with, but then comes the tough part of their schedule. In four consecutive weeks, they play at Texas, Oklahoma State, at Nebraska, then Kansas State. Even if they would go 2-2 through this stretch, they still might be the winner of the North depending on who they beat. They do not have Oklahoma on their schedule which is a plus for them considering that both Nebraska and Kansas State must play the Sooners.

Nebraska- our schedule is favorable in the fact that we don't have consecutive weeks of really tough teams. We have Tech in Lubbock next weekend and then Baylor the following week. We then travel to Kansas State followed by a home game against Missouri with trips to Iowa State and Oklahoma on the road with Colorado at home to end the regular season. Every game is going to be tough but if we take it a game at a time and not turn the ball over, I think we have a shot at winning the North this year.

In my opinion, the North is Missouri's for the taking. If or until they have another relapse as they did against Troy State, they are by far the best the North has this year.

I remember when the Big 12 was formed and thinking how the South was really going to drag the North down. Wow, was I wrong. I don't think the best team in the North could finish better than 4th in the South now. I know there isn't a team up North who can beat Texas or OU, and I highly doubt there is one team from the North that can beat OSU. After Saturday, I'm not sure other than maybe Mizzou that any of them can beat Texas A&M. It's a sad state of affairs in the North right now to say the least. Other than 1 or 2 teams, the Big 12 has become a weaker conference. No longer are we the toughest conference in the land.

In my opinion, the North is Missouri's for the taking. If or until they have another relapse as they did against Troy State, they are by far the best the North has this year.

I remember when the Big 12 was formed and thinking how the South was really going to drag the North down. Wow, was I wrong. I don't think the best team in the North could finish better than 4th in the South now. I know there isn't a team up North who can beat Texas or OU, and I highly doubt there is one team from the North that can beat OSU. After Saturday, I'm not sure other than maybe Mizzou that any of them can beat Texas A&M. It's a sad state of affairs in the North right now to say the least. Other than 1 or 2 teams, the Big 12 has become a weaker conference. No longer are we the toughest conference in the land.

I do not think that I would put A&M or Okie State ahead of all the teams in the North quite yet. I am not totally impressed with A&M, I watched their game against Utah and they looked pathetic. I know that they have put together a couple of good games since then but they have not played against an offense that spreads out the defense. I think that OSU has to have a successful running game each and every time for them to be successful. They have only thrown 41 passes this year. There hasn't been a team in the North that has stood out yet, but I still think that Missouri and Nebraska could beat A&M and Okie State.

In my opinion, the North is Missouri's for the taking.  If or until they have another relapse as they did against Troy State, they are by far the best the North has this year. 

I remember when the Big 12 was formed and thinking how the South was really going to drag the North down.  Wow, was I wrong.  I don't think the best team in the North could finish better than 4th in the South now.  I know there isn't a team up North who can beat Texas or OU, and I highly doubt there is one team from the North that can beat OSU.  After Saturday, I'm not sure other than maybe Mizzou that any of them can beat Texas A&M.  It's a sad state of affairs in the North right now to say the least.  Other than 1 or 2 teams, the Big 12 has become a weaker conference.  No longer are we the toughest conference in the land.

I do not think that I would put A&M or Okie State ahead of all the teams in the North quite yet. I am not totally impressed with A&M, I watched their game against Utah and they looked pathetic. I know that they have put together a couple of good games since then but they have not played against an offense that spreads out the defense. I think that OSU has to have a successful running game each and every time for them to be successful. They have only thrown 41 passes this year. There hasn't been a team in the North that has stood out yet, but I still think that Missouri and Nebraska could beat A&M and Okie State.

I don't think we could beat okie state. Maybe A&m.

In my opinion, the North is Missouri's for the taking.  If or until they have another relapse as they did against Troy State, they are by far the best the North has this year. 

I remember when the Big 12 was formed and thinking how the South was really going to drag the North down.  Wow, was I wrong.  I don't think the best team in the North could finish better than 4th in the South now.  I know there isn't a team up North who can beat Texas or OU, and I highly doubt there is one team from the North that can beat OSU.  After Saturday, I'm not sure other than maybe Mizzou that any of them can beat Texas A&M.  It's a sad state of affairs in the North right now to say the least.  Other than 1 or 2 teams, the Big 12 has become a weaker conference.  No longer are we the toughest conference in the land.

I don't think we could beat okie state. Maybe A&m.

I think that we probally have the best chance out of anyone in the North to beat Okie State. All they do is run the ball and in my opinion, we have the best defense in the North.

If ruud don't get him we are in trouble though on the run. Are other linebackers are weak wear. Watch the kansas game, if Ruud don't get them they got a nice gain on the ground.

We are not number two in the nation against the run just because of Rudd. Other people are doing their jobs. Maybe Seivers and Bradley are not making a lot of tackles but they are taking up blockers so that Rudd can get to the ball carrier. That is a big part in our defensive scheme. We do not try to get the ball carrier behind the line every play. We try to consume all blockers at the line and then limit what ever gain the running back can get by himself. That is why we do not give up many big runs. It is a team game and our defense is one of the best at playing as a team.

If ruud don't get him we are in trouble though on the run.  Are other linebackers are weak wear.  Watch the kansas game, if Ruud don't get them they got a nice gain on the ground.

We are not number two in the nation against the run just because of Rudd. Other people are doing their jobs. Maybe Seivers and Bradley are not making a lot of tackles but they are taking up blockers so that Rudd can get to the ball carrier. That is a big part in our defensive scheme. We do not try to get the ball carrier behind the line every play. We try to consume all blockers at the line and then limit what ever gain the running back can get by himself. That is why we do not give up many big runs. It is a team game and our defense is one of the best at playing as a team.

Don't give us to much credit yet. Have you looked at the teams we have played? Have you looked at the running backs we have played? Can you even name one of them? Every offense we have played and every team hasn't been a running team. That is why we are doing so well against the run. If we shut down peterson, sproles, brad smith, etc rushing then we have something.

If ruud don't get him we are in trouble though on the run.  Are other linebackers are weak wear.  Watch the kansas game, if Ruud don't get them they got a nice gain on the ground.

Don't give us to much credit yet. Have you looked at the teams we have played? Have you looked at the running backs we have played? Can you even name one of them? Every offense we have played and every team hasn't been a running team. That is why we are doing so well against the run. If we shut down peterson, sproles, brad smith, etc rushing then we have something.

We may not have shut down a big name back yet, but we have done a great job against the people that we have played. Hell two years ago, we turned everyone that we played against into a big name back (Johnson, Bell, Wallace). This year, we are shutting down the backs that everyone knows that we should. Do not down grade this defense because their opponents suck.

We may not have shut down a big name back yet, but we have done a great job against the people that we have played. Hell two years ago, we turned everyone that we played against into a big name back (Johnson, Bell, Wallace). This year, we are shutting down the backs that everyone knows that we should. Do not down grade this defense because their opponents suck.

I wouldn't compare those backs to the one's we faced or the teams we have faced. Also, then we had craig bohl.

I wouldn't compare those backs to the one's we faced or the teams we have faced. Also, then we had craig bohl.

We also had better linebackers back then compared to what you call a weak group right now. My point is, our defense plays as a team and has done a great job, compared to when we had really good athletes two years ago and sucked it up.