Kicker Jordan Congdon

Player: Jordan Congdon

Hometown: San Diego, Ca

Position: Kicker

Height: 5’10”

Weight: 165

40 time: 4.9

Visit Date: 10/2/04

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, San Diego St.

Favorites: Nebraska

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals: #2/**

Insiders: NR/***

Assessing the talent: Top notch talent, with a big leg. Even Arapostathis is his personal trainer. He himself is an ex-kicker and says this kick has a good shot at making it to the next, next level. He was also invited to play in the Army All-Star game. Hit a 44 yarder as a junior and 47 yarder as a sophomore.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 85% Kickers are always offered late, but the Huskers got in early and offered. The Huskers only competition was San Diego St. I believe he will hold through and become a Husker. This is an easy one.

What happenes with Dyches?

It's hard to say. I wonder if he will try to win the position or transfer or what. I think alot depends on this year. If sandro struggles and he comes in and gets his job back then he might do well next year. It's hard to say how good this kicker is coming in aswell.

Anyone think he will beat out dyches next year?

I think that he will be given every opportunity to compete for both the starting place kicker and punting duties next year.

Think about it htough, if Congdon doesn't beat him out, we wasted a scholorship on akicker to sit for 3 years.

agreed, I almost think Bill is leaving Sandro as starter for that fact otherwise why wouldn't bill name dyches starter? Missed 3 low 40's and dyches hits a mid 40's.

• 4 weeks later...