Shatel's article on Pederson

I'm pretty sure that the snipers would get you before you got to the field if you tried that now.

Here's a funny non related story. I grew up in a small Nebraska community pop. 632. As I believe a 7th grader in the early 70's we were all supposed to take hunter safety. Our Voc Ag instructor was the coarse instructor. He requested that everyone bring their gun to school so we could practice safe gun handling.I actually lived in the country, so I rode the 'yellow school bus' everyday. Well the day we were to bring our guns, I walked out to the end of our farm driveway to get on the bus with my Model 12 Winchester 12 gauge pump. When the bus arived, the bus driver opens the door and lets me in, but tells me that I should leave the gun up by him until we get to school.I'm like ya, ok! There were several other boys on the bus, who did the same thing.When we got to school, we were given our guns, and we took them into the Ag room, and left them there till the class later in the day. Then, that afternoon, we took them back home again on the bus. True Story ! Times have changed a bit since then.

Guess what, you used to be able to get on an airplane with a pocket knife, or at least nail clippers! Times change, the world is a scary place and anybody that doesn't see this is living under a rock. Are we safer in Nebraska than in other parts of the world, probably so, but that doesn't mean every building should be open and people should have access to whatever they want. It would be great if this was the case, however that is not reality, times change, things change. It's nice to remember the past, but some people need to stop living in it.

The terrorists have won.

steve peterson hates our freedoms!

You ask and rather you like it or not...

Tom Shatel is the Sports editorialist for the biggest newspaper in Nebraska. He wrote a scathing article on access to the AD in the new complex which recieved many of mixed reviews. Actually he did his job, stirred some emotion and sold newspapers.

The AD wouldn't take it lying down and wrote a letter to the editor which was printed and they (both Pedey and Shatel) came off as nanny boo-boo artists we see so much on these msg boards. Entertaining but non-productive really.

Its been coming to a boil and it finally hit the fans. Pedey won't give them the article the paper has wanted for the past few months (it concerns fund raising or lack of..no wonder) so Tom blindsided him tired of being put off.

Kind of funny and childish really...