Alll-time favorite player

I would go with Johnny Rodgers. I still think he was the most unique. While there are many today who can run faster 40-yard dashes, I've never seen anyone in a Husker uniform with as much explosive quickness. No one, including Fryer, Crouch, Rozier, Phillips and Green, could dodge a defender like Johnny R could. No one could run back punt returns like he could. That was a fun time when he was here. Yes, I'm one of those old farts who saw him play. (Oh come on! I'm not on Medicare yet. I still drive a car. I don't play bingo on Sundays. Good grief!)

Pre BC:

Defense- Craver

Offense- Keith Jones

BC:

Defense- Q

Offense- Z. Taylor

P.S. if you ever see Corey at the bar...DON'T...joke with him about being really good for an undersized middle lb. I bought him a shot of Jager when I ran into him over here in Kearney. He slammed the shot with me then said "Dude, are you f*cking serious?" His eyes got all big, I told him of course not. He was cool after that, but you could tell he's been told that too many times. Keith Jones was one bad a$$ running back, but my dad would yell and scream at the T.V. sometimes because Keith would be just blazing down the field about 50 yrds untouched, then he would slow down, and completely run outta gas. Still my favorite growing up. :bonez

Awsome response to the thread......... it is cool to see so many different names pop up....naturally, from the pre-BC era......I honestly can't argue the greatness of any of the names, and the reasons you all have listed as why they are your favorites....

The current or BC era will be interesting to watch.....

:bonez

Okay, I know that we have had this opinion thread many times, but it is fun and I am bored, stuck at home in the snow for the 3rd consecutive day.....

I want to know who is your all-time FAVORITE, not the best.. Offensive Player, Defensive Player......... and to make it interesting (current and historical), I want to know pre- Callahan and during Callahan era...

LIMIT 1 PLAYER ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE.....NO NAMING 2-3.....GET OFF OF THE FENCE :)

Here are mine:

Pre-BC offense: Tommie Frazier...no contest

Pre-BC defense: Mike Brown

BC era offense: Zac Taylor

BC era defense: Barry Turner

* remember, this is your favorite, so there is no right or wrong, but I am sure that we will all find a way to turn this into a debate some how or another :)