Ranking Big XII coaches

Leach in front of Callahan. (Or have we forgotten the shellacking he gave Billy Cee his first meeting or that Callahan teams has not beat Leach teams yet). Francione in front of Mangino. Francione and Callahan about even.

Brown number two because he is a good people's coach and such a great recruiter.

Stoopes over all of them because he gets results every yr and turns out coaching prospects from his program about every yr. He is doing something right.

Until the rest of them can get at least a division title or consistanly go bowling... they rank about the same IMO.

Correct me if Im wrong but Stoopes has gotten to the big game several times.....how often has he won them? Out of curiousity what is his bowl game record? Not saying Callahan is necessarily better but I would hold off on crowning Stoopes a "god" until he can win the big game (something Callahan can't do either) Yes he turns out prospects and gets results, but isn't most sucess measured by wins and losses? Seems like Callahans succes is.

Dunno his bowl record but he has won a NC, something only one of the rest of the candidates for this prestigious award can claim. Also has been in the CC game more than the rest. Played in the most BCS bowls. This is about the best coach in the conference. If he isn't the best, he certainly is the most successful. Dunno what other criteria is needed here. This isn't a popularity contest.

As for Callahan, his win loss record isn't much to crow about yet. And that includes pro record too. Lets face it. Coaches are judged by wins and losses. To whom, where, when and why. We just don't remember also rans as great coaches. Nature of the beast.

Something that i think is kinda funny that i'm surprised somebody didn't bring up is that Mack Brown isn't the best recruiter...no kiddin the guy is the head coach for the university of Texas... TEXAS the state where highschool football is a religion... if you have that kind of talent pool you better be in the top 5 recruiting EVERY SINGLE YEAR... it's like fishing with dynamite...they don't recruit it's an application process... I think that getting a kid to an up and coming school that has been down for a while is more impressive than getting a kid raised in your state just a few miles from your school. I BLEED HUSKER RED and always will but Texas has no excuse when they don't win a NC. They have a talent pool to fish from. I don't think he;s neccessarily a great coach but a great manager. I think the era of great headcoaches is gone... school are hiring guys that are great faces for the school. I firmly believe that Bo Pelini (as dirty as the guy is) would have been a better coach. I know cally has offensive genius but DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS....off the rant... GOD IS IT SATURDAY YET? :rant

SKERS OUT