I have a big favor to ask

I know that this board probably has more men on it then women..however....men can cook too:) and there are alot of members on this board who have wives and friends who are great cooks. I want to start making my own salsa instead of buying it. I would appreciate a good tried and true recipe for salsa. If you would be so kind to post a recipe for it, I would be so grateful:) Thanks to anyone who can help me out on this.

I use those long green chiles and grill them(spray with Pam first)until they are almost black and discard the most burnt of the skin then scrape out the seeds and the blend them with cilantro, serrano chiles(w/o seeds or leave the seeds in for hot hot) tomatillos, garlic-lots, tomato sauce, green onions, sugar to taste-not too sweet just take the bite out of the tomato sauce and add diced tomatoes after blending the other ingredients. Grilling the long green chiles gives the salsa a smoky flavor. Leave out the diced tomatoes if you want a smooth salsa w/o chunks. Or just vary how you blend the ingredients puree vs. chop it's a easy recipe.

GBR