Ganz

Witt, IMO, is the most "pure" QB on the team. It didn't help that the line he was playing behind was pretty weak. I would have loved to see Witt behind the #1 line. Witt is going to be AC before his days at NU are through. It sounds as if Gabbert wasn't too comfortable at the game yesterday, and more than likely is MU bound. But with what I saw from Witt yesterday, I am very comfortable with the NU QB situation for the next few years. (Don't forget about Lee, who has been rumored to possibly be the best of the bunch).

Witt and Lee will both will redshirt this coming season, so as good as Witt looked yesterday imagine what he and Lee will be like with 20 months in the system next year when they are all competing for the starters job.

I have to say I really don't think Keller and Ganz are that close. Keller has the better arm, better pocket presence, and makes quicker reads/decisions (quicker than Taylor IMO). Having said that, Ganz did impress me with how he knew the offense and certainly looked better than he did last year. His ability to move around it also an asset for him, but I think he looks to run a little to quickly. I think he is a fantastic back-up, but IMO, not a starter (at least not ahead of Keller).

Anyone that was not impressed with Witt either wasn't paying attention or doesn't know football. He has a great arm and made great decisions. He was on the White team, which means he had all of 2 seconds to make plays, but he looked light years ahead of Davis who has been on the team for 3 years. I would also go as far as to say Witt looked better in this game than I ever saw Harrison Beck look for the Huskers. He is going to be a big time player and unless you are really obsessed with "star" ranking it should be obvious that we got a "big-time" recruit. Plus you have to remember, HE GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL FOUR MONTHS AGO. He should be picking out a tux for prom, but instead is apparently grasping this "impossible" offense at an astaunishing rate.

I have to say I really don't think Keller and Ganz are that close. Keller has the better arm, better pocket presence, and makes quicker reads/decisions (quicker than Taylor IMO). Having said that, Ganz did impress me with how he knew the offense and certainly looked better than he did last year. His ability to move around it also an asset for him, but I think he looks to run a little to quickly. I think he is a fantastic back-up, but IMO, not a starter (at least not ahead of Keller).

Anyone that was not impressed with Witt either wasn't paying attention or doesn't know football. He has a great arm and made great decisions. He was on the White team, which means he had all of 2 seconds to make plays, but he looked light years ahead of Davis who has been on the team for 3 years. I would also go as far as to say Witt looked better in this game than I ever saw Harrison Beck look for the Huskers. He is going to be a big time player and unless you are really obsessed with "star" ranking it should be obvious that we got a "big-time" recruit. Plus you have to remember, HE GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL FOUR MONTHS AGO. He should be picking out a tux for prom, but instead is apparently grasping this "impossible" offense at an astaunishing rate.

:yeah On target with each point! Witt looked extremely composed out there and both he and Keller knew when to throw the ball away. It is good to be developing such quality depth at QB and Witt appears to have a promising future.

BRC, I've read the exact opposite about Gabbert's day in Lincoln yesterday, FWIW.

We must not be reading the same premium content then.

I would be surprised to get a big QB commit this year. We still have Ganz for 1 year, Witt for 4-5 and Lee for 3-4. Unless a kid is really looking for competition or doesnt' mind waiting his turn, I just don't think this is the year for QB recruiting. Last year we did very well to get both Lee and Witt. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Point is, QB is not a top priority this year. Would be nice to get a another good prospect, but it's not vital.

i have to agree with the minority here. While Ganz looked good for his role as backup i believe that Keller looked to be a way better QB. I for one think ganz will be a career backup. Witt will be real good, but Lee could be in the position for the 3 years following Keller's departure. Maybe Lee wont redshirt and will start his final two years while witt redshirts and then will have 2 years once Lee leaves.

Maybe Lee wont redshirt and will start his final two years while witt redshirts and then will have 2 years once Lee leaves.

While it's certainly possible Lee won't redshirt I kind of expect that he will, especially coming off his injury. If it wasn't for the injury I would have expected him to compete this coming season for the backup job. Now Witt has said several times he wants to redshirt. As it is if Lee was healthy Ganz still knows the system too well for Lee to pass him, and by the time 2008 rolls around Lee and Witt will both have over a year and a half experience on the scout team so we may see an exciting fight for the starters job in 08.

Of course we have all seen the unexpected happen far too often. Injuries and transfers and other off field situations develop when you least expect them to, so it's good to have the depth.