"Hmm...Chinese student killing Americans."

"he was a militant sent on a mission" are you serious?

it was all mental disorder, loose screws, and he wanted "revenge" on the upperclass students (but all that were killed by his hand were all middle class working students) he finally cracked and couldn't hold it together. But for any person to do this you know that there has to be something mentally wrong with them. If he was a "militant", why VT, and why after so long of being here?

Also, his race has NOTHING to do with it, not to mention he wasn't Chinese. You really gotta get your facts together before you start talking about something. And if you remember correctly many notorious, mass murderers were white americans (ex: Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gracy, Zodiac Killer just to name a few)

HSKRNOKC I agree with you completely. Hopefully something can go into affect soon to prevent these awful happenings from happening again. It probably wont ever "stop", but measures can be taken to prevent it from happening more often, and less severe.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those at VT, family and friends. It will be hard for them, but we can all pull through to try and help them out and make this easier for them.

Hmm...Chinese student killing Americans. A theme we should probably start getting used to. This idiot wasn't interested in getting revenge over his stupid girlfriend, he was a militant, and should've been treated as such. When is this country going to understand that we are constantly under attack??? Does anyone remember what the U.S. did to the Chinese Embassy in Bosnia??? I first thought that this was just a dumbass that was mad that his girlfriend didn't want him anymore. That is now preposterous. Reasonable people get over that, morons go to further lengths, terrorists go to even further measures. Anyone who wants to argue that this poor, heartbroken, 'mentally ill' boy was sooo crushed to take these measures to 'avenge' his sweetie needs his head examined.

Yes, I realize this isn't very sports related, even though a horrible event will probably take place at a sporting event within the next 5 years, which I will probably roll the dice since I will attend many NU games here and at other stadiums, including VT in 2009.

But guess what? We can't stop it, we don't know how to stop it, this country is oblivious, and it will continue to happen. God help us all.

Do you ever sit in trees playing a banjo by chance?

Hmm...Chinese student killing Americans. A theme we should probably start getting used to. This idiot wasn't interested in getting revenge over his stupid girlfriend, he was a militant, and should've been treated as such. When is this country going to understand that we are constantly under attack??? Does anyone remember what the U.S. did to the Chinese Embassy in Bosnia??? I first thought that this was just a dumbass that was mad that his girlfriend didn't want him anymore. That is now preposterous. Reasonable people get over that, morons go to further lengths, terrorists go to even further measures. Anyone who wants to argue that this poor, heartbroken, 'mentally ill' boy was sooo crushed to take these measures to 'avenge' his sweetie needs his head examined.

Yes, I realize this isn't very sports related, even though a horrible event will probably take place at a sporting event within the next 5 years, which I will probably roll the dice since I will attend many NU games here and at other stadiums, including VT in 2009.

But guess what? We can't stop it, we don't know how to stop it, this country is oblivious, and it will continue to happen. God help us all.

BTW , he killed a fellow South Korean girl and a kid from India as well. I dont think he was just targeting americans. He was targeting anyone he saw. Foppa , you should move to northern Idaho and join a white supremicist militia. Then you will be safe from the "chinese" invaders.