How bad can our season get?

Okay guys. this season could get ugly. The only game that should be a pretty easy game is Baylor. the rest are ALL potential losses. Texas Tech is really not this good I just dont get it. HOw did our Defense get this bad this quick!? were we ever that good?

if we end up with a losing record will Calahan and his staff survive? should they?

70-10

Are you flipping kidding me!!!!!! :steam

How does this happen?! How!!

Take your pick.

1) Our talent level is down

2) Our players just didnt execute

3) Everything went Techs way

4) The odds were against us

5) Our coaches did not put our players in a position to win

all of the above. so truly if we are 3-2 now, and baylor should be a win...?? 4-2 going into KSU whihc is a push but it is in Manhattan so you have to figure we lose 4-3, then MU who is obviuolsy better than us now makes us 4-4, then theres ISU...which is a wash.. then OU and CU. yikes. at this point i would be fairly happy ending up 6-5.

Bob-I can say it better.

Baylor should be a victory, it's homecoming after all. 4-2

Might get something out of K-State, in fact I say we beat them. Snyder doesn't have everything he needs to get Sproules out there. Darryl's all they have. I see that as a victory. 5-2

Mizzou will be a challenge, but they aren't as good as we looked bad tonight. (MU 3-0 early in the second quarter) 6-2

Iowa State should be a roll, no matter what the weather is. BTW the Ice Fishing Lake Coast offense will be challenged in this game. 7-2

Oklahoma-well, honestly it's going to be ugly. I'm not going to school on Monday to face my students after this game. 7-3, and luckily they won't throw an extra loss on us because it will be awful.

Colorado-They haven't impressed me. Sure they are the Buffaloes, but Barnett undercoaches in big games worse than Callahan does. You heard it hear first, Nebraska gets a blowout win. 8-3.

Second time won't be a charm in the Big XII champ game, Oklahoma or Tech will kill us. (most likely OU!)

8-4.

Bowl game-Holiday Bowl game-I can go from Vegas easily. Utah or someone else will challenge us, but Huskers win.

9-4.

At worst we could go 6-5 (I agree. But this is a Huskerboard, and last time I was in Nebraska, Huskers were eternally optomistic. Bouncing back is something that Osborne helped us learn real well in the late 70's and the 80's.)

The biggest question is who is the starting quarterback going into Oklahoma. Beau Davis is our number two now. What's the status of Jordan Adams? Did he disappear from Lincoln like a redshirtted wingback?

If he's still in the mix, I think he closes the season at QB for us.

Dreading the overplaying of "Boomer Sooner" in November,

Huskerebel

Okay guys. this season could get ugly. The only game that should be a pretty easy game is Baylor. the rest are ALL potential losses. Texas Tech is really not this good I just dont get it. HOw did our Defense get this bad this quick!? were we ever that good?

if we end up with a losing record will Calahan and his staff survive? should they?

I told you our defense hadn't played anyone at all. They got a couple real good players and there coach is way overrated. Rush 3 guys all night. Good plan coach. Cooper doesn't start. Sievers and bradley trying to cover those guys. give me a break.

(I agree. But this is a Huskerboard, and last time I was in Nebraska, Huskers were eternally optomistic. Bouncing back is something that Osborne helped us learn real well in the late 70's and the 80's.)

This isn't your grand daddy's Huskers any more. This is a new generation

eternally optomistic.

For how long can this last??

I would like to stay optomistic with this season. I know that Oklahoma is a for sure loss. But I don't see any of the other teams having an offense that is as explosive as Tech's offense was. If we continue to turn the ball over seven times a game then YES we will lose every game, even against Baylor but I just don't see that happening.

I would like to stay optomistic with this season. I know that Oklahoma is a for sure loss. But I don't see any of the other teams having an offense that is as explosive as Tech's offense was. If we continue to turn the ball over seven times a game then YES we will lose every game, even against Baylor but I just don't see that happening.

SAying that okie is the only loss is crazy. We will lose atleast 3 more.

Ok, so we have Rebel in one corner and Benard in the other, on the unrealistic spectrum of predictions.

I imagine it will be somewhere in the middle. We wont be as bad as we were saturday ever again this season, and we probably wont upset any teams we shouldnt. But we wont lose to Baylor at home after getting embarrassed by a team named Tech, and we WILL probably dump another game this season that we shouldnt.. So I hope that clears that up!! :thumbs

RC's reular season final prediction: 7-4 with losses to KSU & OU, and sorry Rebel there wont be a Big 12 champ game in our near future. I see this going KUs way believe it or not. :o

I agree that we will probally lose three more, but I don't see three games on the schedule that stick out like for sure losses like the Oklahoma game. I think that of all the other teams on the schedule, we have a chance at winning those games if we take care of the ball and put points on the board when we get a chance.

Ok, so we have Rebel in one corner and Benard in the other, on the unrealistic spectrum of predictions.

I imagine it will be somewhere in the middle. We wont be as bad as we were saturday ever again this season, and we probably wont upset any teams we shouldnt. But we wont lose to Baylor at home after getting embarrassed by a team named Tech, and we WILL probably dump another game this season that we shouldnt.. So I hope that clears that up!! :thumbs

RC's reular season final prediction: 7-4 with losses to KSU & OU, and sorry Rebel there wont be a Big 12 champ game in our near future. I see this going KUs way believe it or not. :o

That would be great, but I think Missouri will be a tough game. They have been playing decent the last couple games.

I agree that we will probally lose three more, but I don't see three games on the schedule that stick out like for sure losses like the Oklahoma game. I think that of all the other teams on the schedule, we have a chance at winning those games if we take care of the ball and put points on the board when we get a chance.

Anyone can say that. If we don't turn it over and we score we can win. Well no kiddin? Will we though??? no