Game Courtesy

I was in the Left Field Berm while Texas was taking batting practice on Saturday afternoon. I watched a kid who couldnt have been more then 10 years old get a homerun ball taken away from him (yes it was bp i know that) by a Texas student manager (Im guessing). We thought "ok what a jerk whatever" a few minutes later we watched a ball fly over our heads and hit this kid (around the same age) right on the inner thigh. I dont know about any of you, but for a male thats a dangerous place to take a 300ft+ homerun. The manager then proceded to take the ball away from that kid as well.

Im just curious if anyone else is as disguisted as my friends and I were. I know this manager had a job to do but he watched a kid get pelted with this ball and then demanded it back. I just couldn't believe that this manager would take his job that seriously that he wouldnt let kids keep the balls they catch. They only care about getting balls at games...not who wins or loses...catching a damn ball. I was disguisted at this. What do you all think and did anyone else happen to witness this or might have some insight as to WHY they need the balls back so damn bad?

That is pretty terrible but I wonder if since it was in your stadium if your folks should have said something, or maybe they didn't know and someone should tell them so it doesn't happen again in the future.

We did try and talk to the manager about it but all he could say was "its my job...i cant give anyone a ball."

that makes baby jesus cries

a couple of years ago my friend and I went to an Omaha Royals game, he got hit by a ball and it rolled over to someone else so the stadium security( not quite sure at name but people in yellow jactets who stand in the isles in between innings) gave him a little sovernier bat.

It was funny though because we were right behind the dug-out and it was almost a straight up foul ball and my friend was trying to get away from it and ended up getting hit

It was just that guy being a prick. I was there, too. There was only one that I saw, and he was in left field. Plenty of balls went into the third base berm, and they all got to keep them. I have been there this season against mizzou and the player out there let one kid keep a ball he got, too. I saw the guy, and he looked like this was his dream job. He was just being an ass. We all know he didn't need to get that ball back. Poor kid, at least he won't be like those other kids I saw at the game and grow up liking texas. What the hell is wrong with those parents?

So what your saying is that the University of Texas is in finaicial trouble and trying to cut back on expenses?

you would think that a few baseballs is going to break the budget down there. maybe they should cut back on their gigantic football screen and give the baseball team a few more baseballs.