red out

I also don't understand why people don't wear red at the games. Granted most of them are girls who say "I don't look good in red, but this pink tank top looks great on me! It says Huskers on it"...but still. Wear red people!

And even worse than that...

WHY THE HELL DOES THE HUSKER BAND WEAR WHITE!!!?!?!?!?

Here's our sea of red. See if you can count how many white shirts are among the crowd (or on the field)

Dscn7497ssm2.jpg

This looks more like a sea of red though:

memorial1.jpg

(but what's that white splotch? :wacko: )

I've always thought that a B****** would look badass, but you'd have a tough time convincing all the old timers out there, they are really adamant about the red thing. The problem with a B****** is that it is never performed right. People bitched and moaned when it came up last year, but dont they get that McKeon called for it as a show of support for the defense? I thought it would have looked good if people had actually gone along with it. What has to be done is get JUST the student section to wear black, you can't expect the whole stadium to. Look at Penn State. Their student section did a whiteout, and it looked great having one large section in all white and the rest of the stadium in blue.

That said, now this practice is becoming too common-place. Every NBA team does this now, wearing one solid color. Most college student sections do the same. The time has come and gone when one solid color was a novelty and was impressive, simply because everyone is doing it now.

The only excuse for not wearing red on game day is if it's pouring rain and you don't have a red raincoat, although you can get red ponchos around the stadium, so it's not really an excuse anyway.

As for the B******, they tried it last year, it didn't work, let's just drop it...

Now a redout could be really great. I wish it happened at every game anyway, but if they could get some publicity for it, I think we could get at least 95% of the stadium in red.

I read something on a another board calling for a red out for the USC game. I know it is just more of a publicity thing because I'm pretty sure about 82,000 already wear red to the game. They also had one of these for a basketball game, but why do you need to call for a red-out if everyone already wears red. It would be a lot cooler if we had a black-out. Not like our TU game last year when only 5,000 people wore it but, everyone. Just the Lousiville vs. West Virginia game lst year, but that is just my thoughts. Although I do still like having the sea of red, which is one thing what we are known for, they don't need to call out a red-out.

I officially hate you

Go wear black by yourself

Wow....is husker nation this desparate for football that we are calling for a 'red out' to hype everyone up for a game that doesn't kick off for another, oh.....3,000 hours or so??? I don't really care if people wear red, white, black or nothing (hello ladies.....)

If anyone is going to call for anything call for a 'loud out'. When everyone walks through the gates they get a red bull, aspirin, throat lozenges and a thumbtack. The Red Bull is to get everyone on edge. The Aspirin and throat lozenges is for the headache and loss of voice after the game. The thumbtack is for each person to put down on the seat of the person sitting in front of them if they don't feel the need to be on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs.

A red out, white out, black out doesn't do anything except make for a cool picture on TV. I'd rather have the place so crazed that the cameras are shaking and can't focus on what color shirts are worn.

:woo

Wow....is husker nation this desparate for football that we are calling for a 'red out' to hype everyone up for a game that doesn't kick off for another, oh.....3,000 hours or so??? I don't really care if people wear red, white, black or nothing (hello ladies.....)

If anyone is going to call for anything call for a 'loud out'. When everyone walks through the gates they get a red bull, aspirin, throat lozenges and a thumbtack. The Red Bull is to get everyone on edge. The Aspirin and throat lozenges is for the headache and loss of voice after the game. The thumbtack is for each person to put down on the seat of the person sitting in front of them if they don't feel the need to be on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs.

A red out, white out, black out doesn't do anything except make for a cool picture on TV. I'd rather have the place so crazed that the cameras are shaking and can't focus on what color shirts are worn.

:woo

Amen. This is by far the most intelligent comment in this thread. And, I take offense to the comment about being 'a real fan'. In my opinion, 'a real fan' is more worried about what happens on the field than a 'red out' picture you can use for your computer desktop.

Hey, that's a good idea. It's amazing how loud it gets when the North endzone tells the West and the East sides that it is okay to be loud. I know it has to do with field position and who we are playing, but there is no atmosphere better than when that place starts rockin. I wish some of our fans stayed "into" the game a little more.

I still agree with the sea of red, but lately there has just been too much talk about it. This stuff just happens, people wear red, it isn't like someone is threatening to take away our nickname. If people want to claim a redout for sc then let them, I'll be there in red anyways, and it sounds like everyone else will be too.

Hey, that's a good idea. It's amazing how loud it gets when the North endzone tells the West and the East sides that it is okay to be loud. I know it has to do with field position and who we are playing, but there is no atmosphere better than when that place starts rockin. I wish some of our fans stayed "into" the game a little more.

I still agree with the sea of red, but lately there has just been too much talk about it. This stuff just happens, people wear red, it isn't like someone is threatening to take away our nickname. If people want to claim a redout for sc then let them, I'll be there in red anyways, and it sounds like everyone else will be too.

The majority of Husker fans wear red....of some sort. Just like Michigan wears blue for the most part, Texas is in burnt Orange for the most part and OU wears maroon for the most part. Demanding a 'red out' is nothing new.

I think it would be more disturbing, confusing, and patronizing if all of the fans each week wore the color of the opponent. Imagine USC walking into Memorial Stadium and onto the field and the entire stadium is in Crimson and Gold.....and not getting cheered for. It would mock them. It would mess with their minds. It would play with their sense of pride. It just might rattle an opponent.....

And, I take offense to the comment about being 'a real fan'. In my opinion, 'a real fan' is more worried about what happens on the field than a 'red out' picture you can use for your computer desktop.

If you consciously wake up on game day, open your dresser drawers and choose the white or gray shirt over your red nebraska shirt....I think that gives anyone the 'okay' to question your fan status. Especially if you KNOW that it is called the sea of red, people scream for red outs ever friggin' week, the team/fans are called BIG RED, people are drinking red beer and putting red face pain on...and you're still gonna say "nah, i'm wearing my gray nebraska shirt!"

I agree that the loudness of the crowd is more important, but how intimidating do you think it looks to the opponent when not only do you have a ton of rival fans screaming Husker Power back and forth in the stadium, but they're also all wearing the same color! Especially after they've heard so much about the Sea of Red. It just shows our uniformity for our team. Every other teams' fans have their logos on gray and white shirts. Only Nebraska fans can sport the real scarlet and cream shirts!

but...maybe I'm the only one who really thinks this. Although 90-95% of the rest of Husker nation already wears red, soooooooo...

The majority of Husker fans wear red....of some sort. Just like Michigan wears blue for the most part, Texas is in burnt Orange for the most part and OU wears maroon for the most part. Demanding a 'red out' is nothing new.

I think it would be more disturbing, confusing, and patronizing if all of the fans each week wore the color of the opponent. Imagine USC walking into Memorial Stadium and onto the field and the entire stadium is in Crimson and Gold.....and not getting cheered for. It would mock them. It would mess with their minds. It would play with their sense of pride. It just might rattle an opponent.....

:bang

And, I take offense to the comment about being 'a real fan'. In my opinion, 'a real fan' is more worried about what happens on the field than a 'red out' picture you can use for your computer desktop.

If you consciously wake up on game day, open your dresser drawers and choose the white or gray shirt over your red nebraska shirt....I think that gives anyone the 'okay' to question your fan status. Especially if you KNOW that it is called the sea of red, people scream for red outs ever friggin' week, the team/fans are called BIG RED, people are drinking red beer and putting red face pain on...and you're still gonna say "nah, i'm wearing my gray nebraska shirt!"

I agree that the loudness of the crowd is more important, but how intimidating do you think it looks to the opponent when not only do you have a ton of rival fans screaming Husker Power back and forth in the stadium, but they're also all wearing the same color! Especially after they've heard so much about the Sea of Red. It just shows our uniformity for our team. Every other teams' fans have their logos on gray and white shirts. Only Nebraska fans can sport the real scarlet and cream shirts!

but...maybe I'm the only one who really thinks this. Although 90-95% of the rest of Husker nation already wears red, soooooooo...

You're right, if I don't wear red, I am less of a fan. :sarcasm

I hope the season gets here soon so I can stop getting dumber by reading posts about what f'ing color of shirt I wear to a game. I think we can all agree that we're all super fans.....we're on a Husker message board in May for Christ's sake. I'm leaving for my bachelor party now.......... :cheers:wasted:woochuckleshuffle