A look at some instate recruits who could potentially earn an NU schollie

Baker Steinkuhler, Trevor Robinson, Sean Fisher, and Emeka Collins Okafor all already have NU offers. All of which have committed to NU with the exception being Sean Fisher.

Here's a look at some kids that have D-1 potential and reasons why they might get or might not get an NU offer:

Ronnell Grixby: a 5-9/190 DB from Omaha Central. Will likely get a D-1 schollie to play somewhere. Ronnell was said to be the most athletic of all the Grixby's yet. He actually had an NU schollie and lost it due to some behavioral issues (that is what was being unofficially reported). He has a lot of speed and has the weight that big brother Courtney did not. In the end though, I do not think he re-earns his scholarship to NU.

Troy Williams: a 6-3/190 WR from Auburn, NE. Will also be a likely D-1 candidate, but a lot will likely depend on how his senior season goes and how well he peforms at summer camps. He plans to attend NUs camp this summer and that will more likely than not be the deciding factor for whether or not NU offers a scholarship to him. Ultimately though, I think he gets offers from the Iowa States and the Kansas States of the world, but NU passes.

Tim Biere: a 6-4/235 TE from Omaha Westside. Already has a scholarship from Kansas State. He has great size and tremendous hands. His downfall is that he is not really all that fast. But as I already stated, will catch anything thrown at him. He is another that the coaching staff wants to see at their summer camp before making a move on. I think he is a position of need that is right in our backyard, and even though he isn't the prototypical West Coast offense TE, I think he ultimately gets an NU offer. Although, it may not come right after camp. In this case I believe NU wants to get a stud TE, then offer Biere and let him commit. With the trouble NU has had in offering TEs in recent years, they may want to make it look as appealing as possible to whichever TE it would be.

John Levorson: a 6-3/190 Athlete from Crete, NE. Don't think I'm not kidding with this one. He wasn't someone I took seriously either...until I saw some of his videos. This kid is a serious player. His main problem is that his competition looks pretty weak. So it's tough to say how good he really is. NU wants him to camp this summer and that is likely where they will get a real good look at him. He's advertised to have 4.6 speed, and NU will find out if that is the case this summer at camp. He is being looked at by most schools who are interested as either a WR or Safety. he could be a real good possession WR, someone like a Nate Swift or Terry Nunn. He reminds me a lot of a recruit from last years class, Eric Hagg. This one I do not have a prediction on whether or not he'll get an offer, I think it will all depend on how well we recruit his position this year and how well he does at camp. He could go either way. If somehow John could go under the radar and not get any offers and end up walking on at NU it would be the ideal situation, but would probably be a miracle, because I don't see how the Wyomings and CSUs wouldn't offer him.

Brian Thorson: a 6-3/280 OL from Millard North. he already has one offer from Buffalo. I say with almost certanty that he will not get an NU offer. He doesn't have the prototypical height that the staff here at NU is looking for in OL and we are supposedly full at OL now anyway.

• 2 weeks later...