My Husker Prediction for 2007

I see you guys losing 2 games. That's it. Just 2. Texas & USC. There is no reason NU can't run the table. Missouri will be tough, but history shows that Missery folds down the strecth. Plus, the word in lawrence is that their defense is less than average at best. Weather the storm of their offense and you have them beat.

But dare I say, you do have a possible LANDMINE game looming close to the conclusion of your schedule. That trip to Kansas in November won't be a walk in the park. I know, I know, you guys have owned us for years. OK, great, but I tried to tell you all last year that it would be close and I got thrown predictions like 47-3, and 55-6, Nebrsaska. Every now and then I would get a 35-14 nebraska prediction....but that was it. And as usual no one on here is even talking about the trip to Lawrence. I for one hope it stays that way!

But I leave you with food for thought......when was the last time KU lost to a North team at home???

But I leave you with food for thought......when was the last time KU lost to a North team at home???

November 3, 2007 :sarcasm

Man, I certainly hope this year's game isn't like last year's. My blood pressure can't handle that kind of crap. Depending on the defense, though, we might be doing a lot of weathering this season. It also depends on if trends from last season continue. In simply matching gun for gun we should walk out of Lawrence with a win, but last season it all hung on which Nebraska decided to show up and play football. You guys got the favorable team for most of that game last year. I was twenty feet from the sidelines when the same team showed up at the Big XII Championship. The same ones mulled around at Okie state while they kicked, passed, and ran all over us. Every team poses a landmine-ish threat if it continues this season.

Anyway, good luck this season. Great to see a Jayhawk fan around here. Do us a favor and knock of Missou just in case, okay?

-A.J.

I, like thousands of members of the HuskerNation, will be making the November 3rd trip to Lawrence, Kansas. I would be lying if I said that I thought this game was a "Slam-Dunk". Kansas embarrassed us in 2005, and was a 4th down completion away from doing it again in 2006. Kansas has played us tough for the past 2 years, but then again, I like to think that we have greatly improved since the September 30th meeting in Lincoln. My high school homecoming dance was almost ruined because of this game. I had my dad text message me updates during the game, and i thought we had it in the bag after we jumped out to that early lead. I remember talking to my dad on the phone while he was giving me the play-by-play during the 4th qtr and OT. My date was getting pretty fed up with me, but is it a really a crime for a die-hard Husker fan in St. Paul, Minnesota to find out if his beloved Huskers will win the game?

OFCOURSE NOT!

best of luck to the Jayhawks this season, a team I will never view as a guaranteed victory ever again.

go big red!

2003 - Not close

2004 - 14-8 debacle with the last ditch attempt to the end zone knocked down by Fabian and Daniel.

2005 - 40-15 Shalacking in Lawrence

2006 - 39-32 OT win, which was disheartening seeing how we were actually kicking butt for a little bit there

So yeah, I'd say at least the last 3 years they've been at our heels.

The 2003 game between KU and Nebraska was closer than what the score said though......You guys had a QB by the last name of Lord...not sure on his first name, but that dude was throwing ducks all game long! Good thing KU was garbage that year. I was at that game and he was a terrible QB. I can't believe he was you QB. You guys still won like 21-3 though...

The 2003 game between KU and Nebraska was closer than what the score said though......You guys had a QB by the last name of Lord...not sure on his first name, but that dude was throwing ducks all game long! Good thing KU was garbage that year. I was at that game and he was a terrible QB. I can't believe he was you QB. You guys still won like 21-3 though...

Nebraska Rushing

Cory Ross = 19 for 108yds

Jammal Lord = 13 for 85yds

Josh Davis = 7 for 36yds

Steve Kriewald = 6 for 27yds / 1 TD

David Horne = 5 for 22yds

Judd Davies = 3 for 12yds / 2TDs

TOTAL = 53 carries for 290yds

That's, why we beat ya.

Nebraska Passing

Jammal Lord = 7 of 12 (58%) / 110yds / 1INT / 0TDs

So there really was no reason to pass...but I hear what you're saying, he wasn't a passing QB. But he could run. And he did.